SBA and Sweepwings Runt

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Here is a few build updates. The wing got laminated with spars installed. The verticals are just pinned on and the controls are just taped to check the fit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 21

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
Cool! Thats a very thick airfoil for a flying wing, but that must have its advantages.
Are you going to slap some FPV gear on it?

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Eventually. This is my first wing I've built or flown this small so I want to make sure I am comfortable flying it first

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Unfortunately it took a sideline to other things. It's almost done, motor and esc and connect the control arms and it should be ready. Other thing I need to do is wire up the LEDs I put on it

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly
I completely understand having too many projects going on. I ordered my kit just to have on hand before the 'rush' hits Ruben and he's buried in orders (charpu is flying one of his airframes) :

https://instagram.com/p/2NCQ2zyVKO

I'm planning to take my time and do it right though. went out and picked up some paints, and will be grabbing the right glues and other tools. I'll probably finish the airframe and then wait a month to order components to finish it lol.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
I used goop like stoneblue does and have yet to have an issue. Sad thing is its been in my truck for the last month and a half along with everything else and nothing has broken loose

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly
I like goop, but will be using mostly gorilla glue so I can cut and sand it down... I'll be painting it up all purdy.