Scale build off - EAA Acro Sport

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I have been wanting to build a more scale flying biplane than the Baby Blender for a while, but haven't been motivated enough to actually finish any of the designs I started (check out the Turbo Ag Cat thread).

Wilsonman's challenge has pushed me to actually start a project so I went to Outerzone to find decent biplane plans. I found Acro Sport I plans after a bit of browsing. Given it's history with the EAA and generally being a well liked airplane, it seemed like the logical choice. I will be building using some of Wilsonman's techniques from his SE5a build.

The fuselage and formers will be made from DTFB. I plan on using pink foam to make the turtle decks so I can easily blend it into the vertical stabilizer. The front turtle deck will be covered with aluminum to simulate the actual font fuselage on the real thing. The wings will also most likely be DTFB.

Let me know anything I might be missing and be sure to share any tips and tricks that might help myself or other builders. If you have any suggestions of things you want to see in my build, tell me.

Acro Sport PLans.jpg

Acro Sport.jpg

Acro Sport II.jpg

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Lol, don't expect much progress for this month and the beginning of February, lots of school stuff going on these months.