Scratch build for flying at school

speedfix

My school has a 4000^2 meter field and was wondering if anyone has any ideas for a scratch build I could fly there? I can send the pic of the field if you want.

speedfix

this is the field 👇

Attachments

• nueva field.png
    nueva field.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

akimbo

this is the field 👇
Basically any ft mighty mini will be able to fly there. I have found that the mini scout can be flown in a pretty small area but it does not have ailerons. If you are a beginner, go with the tiny trainer or the mini scout. If not go with the mini mustang or the mini 22. There are definitely a lot more options but that is what I would go with.

trickierwizati_F

My school has a 4000^2 meter field and was wondering if anyone has any ideas for a scratch build I could fly there? I can send the pic of the field if you want.
FT Mini Scout: Easy to build and stable to fly. May be suitable for beginners. I recommend it to you. By the way, the school looks very cool; my school didn’t have such a field.

My school has a 4000^2 meter field and was wondering if anyone has any ideas for a scratch build I could fly there?
I can send the pic of the field if you want. I've experimented with the Mini Mustang myself and have been impressed with its performance. If you have any questions about assembly or modifications, don't hesitate to ask. The Mini 22 sounds interesting, especially if you have limited space. I would recommend adding minor modifications for non-aileron control. I even asked do my homework for me to help you, I found https://ca.edubirdie.com/do-my-homework-for-me for this. I am currently researching your question. Good luck with your project, and don't forget to share a photo of your scratch build in flight!"
How cool that you have such a large area for flying! If you have a photo of the field, I would be happy to look and help with the choice. I fly the Mini Mustang a lot myself and this is a great option.

Last edited:

Crazed Scout Pilot

Basically any ft mighty mini will be able to fly there. I have found that the mini scout can be flown in a pretty small area but it does not have ailerons. If you are a beginner, go with the tiny trainer or the mini scout. If not go with the mini mustang or the mini 22. There are definitely a lot more options but that is what I would go with.
Yea, I would echo what my friend said here. Also, he has a collection of small super cool designs that could be flown there. Check them out in the resource section.