Signal Loss in FF22 Combats

thrasher

Hello all. I was at FF 22 and loved the combats. However, multiple times, I was flying in a combat and lost ready signal (crash, bang, boom). My TX is a Jumper T16 (internal module) and the receivers where DSM, DSM2 and a DSMX.

I tested at home and everything worked as expected. I was flying several hundred meters away without issue.

I reached out to Spektrum for a theoretical max pilots but have not heard back. AND I don't know if anyone else had this issue.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.

AudioCyclist

Did the connection lose occur while flying near the east end of the field? Historically, others in past Flite Fests have observed and experienced lose of the link between their plane's receiver and their transmitter as they approached, flew near, or over the oil-well pump. Whereas, it does not always occur, its frequency has been sufficient to raise concern (and speculation). Rumor has it that a wireless transmitter exists at the pump site (to transmit pump telemetry?), of course transmitting on 2.4GHz.

thrasher

Yes. I did it at home where there is no interference. I did not do one at FF.
I will do another just to be sure.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
I heard about these complaints. The only thing I know for sure is, no complaints with Futaba. Just saying.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Hello all. I was at FF 22 and loved the combats. However, multiple times, I was flying in a combat and lost ready signal (crash, bang, boom). My TX is a Jumper T16 (internal module) and the receivers where DSM, DSM2 and a DSMX.

I tested at home and everything worked as expected. I was flying several hundred meters away without issue.

I reached out to Spektrum for a theoretical max pilots but have not heard back. AND I don't know if anyone else had this issue.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.

- dsm2 only picks 2 frequencies at 'boot' and is more susceptible to issues.
- with that TXes running, if your system at all has issues, your way more likely to experience them then at home by yourself (noise floor will be higher).
- what brand of RXes were they? I have heard various experiences, some good, some really bad based on the brand of RX