Slow Flyer V1.2!

Slow Flyer V1.2! V1.2

Please log in to download

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Matthewdupreez submitted a new resource:

Slow Flyer V1.2! - Super Simple, Super Fun, Super Slow, Super!!!!

As a combined effort, I took the plans from @sundown57 original resource and (With his permission) Updated and upgraded them, this plane should be a really good fpv plane for flying around buildings and trees.

"This plane is a very easy build and will fly Super slow as is at 100%, however, I have found the more you scale it up the slower it will fly. My last build was at 160% and it was perfect"

Setup:
A/F power pack of equivalent
800-1500 mah 2-3s
2x 5/9 gram servos...

Read more about this resource...

Good day, I am new to this "plans" game and was hoping you could give me a few pointers on how to get this plane to print out to tiled size so that i can build it! i love the idea of sitting on my front porch and flying this around my front yard fpv. any help you can provide or where to go to get it figured out would be really appreciated....

Matt

luvmy40

Elite member
Download Adobe Acrobat DC(Free). Open the plans, select the page you want and print. One of the options is Poster. This will automatically tile the plans to either 8.5 x 11 sheets or 11 x 17 sheets.

cutting out parts now, is there a build video for this one as i have run into a few snags? the mini firewall doesnt fit the powerpod and not sure if the doublers go inside the pod to fix that or what...

Last edited:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Thed
cutting out parts now, is there a build video for this one as i have run into a few snags? the mini firewall doesnt fit the powerpod and not sure if the doublers go inside the pod to fix that or what...
The doublers go inside the plane... Not sure why the firewall isn't fitting... When it should. I'll look into it.... Maybe put a few chunks of foam in the power pod to get it to fit.

Got it figured out last night, If you change the powerpod to an "A" fold instead of the listed "B" fold, then attach the doublers to the outsides of the powerpod everything lines up and fits perfectly! The rest of your plans look to be spot on and easy to understand. I'll let ya know when its built.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Got it figured out last night, If you change the powerpod to an "A" fold instead of the listed "B" fold, then attach the doublers to the outsides of the powerpod everything lines up and fits perfectly! The rest of your plans look to be spot on and easy to understand. I'll let ya know when its built.
haha that will certainly do it lol:ROFLMAO:. my bad there!

alan0043

Matthewdupreez submitted a new resource:

Slow Flyer V1.2! - Super Simple, Super Fun, Super Slow, Super!!!!

Read more about this resource...

Hi Matthew,

First off, Thank You for posting the plans. I have a question or two for you. Were are the servo placed at ? Are they under the main wing ? Also, what do you think of the plane being a 4 channel plane ? Think it is possible ? Oh one more thing, what is the length of the main wing ?

Thank you for any help, Al

Last edited:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Hi Matthew,

First off, Thank You for posting the plans. I have a question or two for you. Were are the servo placed at ? Are they under the main wing ? Also, what do you think of the plane being a 4 channel plane ? Think it is possible ? Oh one more thing, what is the length of the main wing ?

servos, can go under the main wing, it probably doesn't matter, as you can cut holes for them in the fuse, or mount them in the fuse.
this plane as a 4 ch plane would probably work. i am just not certain if it'll make much difference

Also only to glad to post the plans for you guys to use

Hi Matthew,

Thats exactly where i put mine, under the wing close to the cg to keep things neutral.

luvmy40

Elite member
Here are the two I put together.
Slow Flyer Ready.jpg
Slow Flyer Redux Completed.jpg

luvmy40

Elite member
I had some trouble with left yaw and they needed a little more down thrust on both, but once trimmed out, they flew nicely. My piloting skills are sadly lacking and they both succumbed to multiple nose ins and those evil tree beasts.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I had some trouble with left yaw and they needed a little more down thrust on both, but once trimmed out, they flew nicely. My piloting skills are sadly lacking and they both succumbed to multiple nose ins and those evil tree beasts.
Noted. i'll adjust the thrust angle.
yea even the best of pilots have evil tree beasts, saw a guy fly his 80cc balsa yak 54 straight into a tree... tree won.

alan0043

Noted. i'll adjust the thrust angle.
yea even the best of pilots have evil tree beasts, saw a guy fly his 80cc balsa yak 54 straight into a tree... tree won.

Do you put thrust angle into the power pod ? I know one end of the pod has no angle and the other end has some angle.