Social Distancing Tell Santa What You Want For Christmas Topic

Hoomi

Master member
Yes, this is really me. No, I don't want any of you sitting on my lap, thank you anyway. However, we can share what RC type stuff we'd like to find under the tree this year.

Or, that you'd like to get with Chanukah gelt.

Or, that would be nice to get for whatever holiday you observe, or, just because, if you don't observe any.

Ho ho ho. I wouldn't mind trying one of the Master Series SBKs, if Mrs. Claus should happen to slip one into the sleigh for me on Christmas Eve.

SantaHoomi.jpg

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Yes, this is really me. No, I don't want any of you sitting on my lap, thank you anyway. However, we can share what RC type stuff we'd like to find under the tree this year.

Or, that would be nice to get for whatever holiday you observe, or, just because, if you don't observe any.

Ho ho ho. I wouldn't mind trying one of the Master Series SBKs, if Mrs. Claus should happen to slip one into the sleigh for me on Christmas Eve.

View attachment 186081
I would like a quick roll out of the Covid anti virus, to all the vunerable people out there !
Its been a miserable, unhappy and sometimes heartbreaking year for some people. So lets hope the anti virus does its job and everyone can have a better 2021.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I would like a quick roll out of the Covid anti virus, to all the vunerable people out there !
Its been a miserable, unhappy and sometimes heartbreaking year for some people. So lets hope the anti virus does its job and everyone can have a better 2021.
I was going to say that too. Right now I have enough RC stuff and I will probably only need more in another 6 months or so. It would be cool if we could get a vaccine before that. I heard that the UK gave a vaccine the thumbs up and it will be out in a few weeks, is that really true?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Already being issued to people living and working in care homes, my mum gets her first jab next Friday as she is over 90 they ae next on the list. The government have another tier system not 100% sure but think there are 6 or 7 levels, So most vunerable are in tier 1 etc

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Just bought lipo's the other day from Hobby King, Ive been waiting ages for some 4s 5000 mAh heavy duty lipo's to come in stock. Also bought some more 3s 2200 mAh batteries to, they allways come in handy.

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
Just bought lipo's the other day from Hobby King, Ive been waiting ages for some 4s 5000 mAh heavy duty lipo's to come in stock. Also bought some more 3s 2200 mAh batteries to, they allways come in handy.
I got some 4s 4500 packs.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I use the 4s 5 amps in my Wot Trainer, biggest batterys I could fit in sensibly. They brought my model weight up to exactly 2kg, yet I still needed to add a little nose weight.
Although I can't complain as I can get a comfortable 12 min flight, as long as I am sensible and not going flat out.

Jesse Dupreez

View attachment 186081

I think i would like some F packs, and li-po's 3s and 4s

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I was looking at them on Ebay, we cant import Lipo's to the UK from China. Its the only item I cant buy from Banggood.
Let me know how you get on with them ?
It cost me the equivelent of nearly $104 for two 4s lipo's.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I think i would like some F packs, and li-po's 3s and 4s
Looks like everybody wants batteries at the moment, my mate said there is a shortage of lipo's at the moment don't know how true that is ? But I waited a while for the 4S batteries I wanted to come back in stock.

Jesse Dupreez

Looks like everybody wants batteries at the moment, my mate said there is a shortage of lipo's at the moment don't know how true that is ? But I waited a while for the 4S batteries I wanted to come back in stock.
i live in south africa li-po's are super expensive.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I was thinking of buying a spot welder and making up my own Li ion battery packs using 18650's works out a lot cheaper than Lipo's (y)

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
I was looking at them on Ebay, we cant import Lipo's to the UK from China. Its the only item I cant buy from Banggood.
Let me know how you get on with them ?
It cost me the equivelent of nearly $104 for two 4s lipo's.
banggood has two 4500s for 56 us