Some Input from You Guys about a Radical Neighbor

JayArr

I skimmed through the comments here and I can't see anything wrong with what you did so far.
Unfortunately you may be right about the outcome of any approaches to talk to him about flying, but here's another idea:
why not ask his wife? she'll surely know what all that weird behavior is about.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Oh, I was just using this thread for a place to put the article. Thought it was a pertinent place to show there are plenty of violent and paranoid people when it comes to multirotor tolerance. That's why I am blown away when I see people flying up and down their crowded residential street. There's no way they know the disposition of every one of their neighbors.

My situation has long since calmed down. Primarily because I don't fly much past my property line in his direction, so I imagine his paranoia is limited, since he most likely figures I can't see in his windows at 200 feet and 250 feet away. And second, I'm much more into FPV nowadays, so pretty much the only flying I do around my house is to check on different configurations and tunings before I go to a park or place where I can open up the throttle.

PeterGregory

CrossThread Industries
Multi-rotors are like personal watercraft. A lot of objection due to nuisance factor. Just as with PWC's, the places to use multi-rotors will diminish not only because of their whiny, annoying sound (not all of us love them like we do(!)) but above that, the multi's introduce privacy concerns. Your flying obviously evoked a reaction to a perceived threat from your neighbor. These days I, myself, would be threatened by a neighbor whether I know them well, or not, that was sending up a drone. Even though the neighbor may be behaving for the most part, the threat is there that at some time they will invade my privacy. Zoop, up it goes on youtube, probably without me even knowing about it.