Something EXTRA

MrGravey

This is something I mentioned in the SU thread but it has made it far enough now to be worth showing off a little. Again, monster big thanks to Jason for his SU videos. Without those this would be another idea I never got to do anything with.

somethingextra.jpg

The idea is a twin Extra 300. I thought it would be cool to do something all these fancy 3D planes can't do, namely David's "craaaaazy mode". Naturally I would like to be able to fly stable circles if I wanted and some basic knife edge type stuff.

At this point it used the motor mounts Ed at ExperimentalAirlines designed. The method for design was inspired by Jason's videos I mentioned earlier. I may do something on the little things I do differently just to present another option. Mostly I model in full 3D with these, I like to see the depth of the foam. This does make designing folded wings a bit trickier for me. This is something I intend to work on more before finishing this model. This is also why the model currently has a kf4 airfoil. This is no what I want in the end at this point.

2013-12-03_22-33-14_767.jpg 2013-12-03_22-32-24_509.jpg

This model was never meant to house electronics. I wanted to test the printing methods Jason talked about and it helps to have something to hold sometimes. I have already found and fixed a few things I would not have noticed on the computer and there is at least one more I know I need to address at this point.

Stay tuned. This may be slow to develop with the holidays and all, but I hope to have something I can fly by the end of January. I'll be sure to post videos and a build log if things continue to go well for me.