Spektrum or 3rd party lipo?

For my Spektrum tx. From what I'm reading a 3rd party lipo is a pain for some to have to unplug it for charging.
The Spektrum on is twice the price and some say they're uncomfortable with how tight a fit it is in the tx.
Oh and there's the price difference, but what if money were no object?

The Chinese lipo on Amazon seems to have two connections (the white plug) so it looks like you should be able to leave it connected to the tx and charge it with the other, but I read not to do that. (??)

leaded50

Legendary member
The TX battery for Spektrum is 1S lipo, and
  • Balance Plug: JST-XH
  • Discharge Plug: EHR
so suppose can charge trough balanceplug. As other 7.4V lipos too. I dont see reason for need of a Spektrum battery. The connectors are widly available, to put on other batterys .

Which Spektrum transmitter do you have as that determines which battery to use as my DX9 has a built in charger. Cheapest replacement I have found.

7.4V 4000mAh 2S RC Lipo Battery For Spektrum DX9 DX8 DX7 DX6E Remote Controller | eBay
Thanks Bricks. I have a DX6e.
There's one on Amazon for around $15 Prime, but I'm not sure about it. The next step up on Amazon is I think $24 and I just bought it. The one you just linked to looks sweet but it's shipping from China/Hong Kong and I've had some really significant delays straight from China lately. :rolleyes: For $4 I'll get it in two days. :)
Sorted.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
For my Spektrum tx. From what I'm reading a 3rd party lipo is a pain for some to have to unplug it for charging.
The Spektrum on is twice the price and some say they're uncomfortable with how tight a fit it is in the tx.
Oh and there's the price difference, but what if money were no object?

The Chinese lipo on Amazon seems to have two connections (the white plug) so it looks like you should be able to leave it connected to the tx and charge it with the other, but I read not to do that. (??)
The Spektrum battery is a tight fit but being able to charge it externally makes up for that and the extra cost in my opinion. I also have a glacier transmitter pack and it’s an awesome battery but it is kinda a pain having to take it out to charge.