Spektrum Receiver and DX8 radio bind problem

WilderFPV

Hey all, im helping out a friend who is building his quad. Running a a Lux FC, with a spm 4648 receiver and trying to bind to a DX8 v2. we had it bound last night and while setting mid point and end points we changed the model on the Radio and the receiver went dark. Now we cant bind, and we dont get a bind light... its almost like the receiver shorted out or locked up? We have the FC bridged so that its putting out 3.3 v... any other ideas???

Bricks

Master member
Are you using a Spectrum receiver to bind it? On satellite receivers you have to plug it into a normal Spectrum receiver with a satellite port bind both together then the satellite will remain bound.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I'm building a tricopter and also using the SPM4648 and had the same thing happen to me. I rebuilt my jumper going from the rcvr to the fcb and it bound again. Something you might want to check.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Are you using a Spectrum receiver to bind it? On satellite receivers you have to plug it into a normal Spectrum receiver with a satellite port bind both together then the satellite will remain bound.
I can't speak for other systems but the SPM4648 has an autobind feature.

WilderFPV

Yes we are using a spektrum receiver

WilderFPV

I'm building a tricopter and also using the SPM4648 and had the same thing happen to me. I rebuilt my jumper going from the rcvr to the fcb and it bound again. Something you might want to check.

whats the jumper? you mean like the wires and solder?

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
The little cable that came with the SMP4648 didn't fit the flight controller connector so I made a jumper out of it and an old servo lead. 3 wires spliced into 3 wires. Works.