Spitfire

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
it depends on how you are getting along with your first one and what plane your first one is.
The spitfire is a fun plane to build.

I built the FT spit as my first build, ever. Second RC plane I ever flown. My other flight experience was quads and a WL toys F949 3-channel plane. I find the spitfire quite easy to fly, with a few gotchas. To make landings easier, get a foldable prop. Not as efficient as a standard prop but save you a few broken props and ripped out motor mounts. Second, program your esc to brake the propeller as the do on gliders with a prop in the front, to avoid the stuff above. I find the Spitfire easier to build than the simple Storch, but that might be my love for warbirds overshadowing a bit :)

Be prepared to repair a lot in the beginning, but have faith, eventually you will get it. The spit works excellent as a bank n yank plane, and you can easily progress slowly with using the rudder. Try to train in the excellent and free flight sim with the FT spit model. http://flitetest.com/articles/36-add-on-planes-for-rc-desk-pilot

Jimmyp

I built the spitfire in my first year of flying. It is a blast. It will fly slow but depending on your power set up can be fast as well. Mine took on a bunch of encounters with the ground and kept on flying (with some repairs). I liked it so much I have a new one ready to go.
If you can steer your first plane around fairly well and take off and land then go for it.