Sport cub s 2

Wildboy84

Hey my sport cub s 2 motor is spinning at max even when the controller is connected,I can't stop the motor and I don't know what to do,as soon as I plug the battery in it starts spinning.i have crashed it and a battery wire came loose,I glued it back together and it works good I just can't get the motor to stop

Hyperdrive

Hey my sport cub s 2 motor is spinning at max even when the controller is connected,I can't stop the motor and I don't know what to do,as soon as I plug the battery in it starts spinning.i have crashed it and a battery wire came loose,I glued it back together and it works good I just can't get the motor to stop
Do you have an esc connected to the battery?

Hyperdrive

I am pretty new to this stuff could you explain what that it
An ESC is an electronic speed controller. Instead of just connecting the battery straight to the motor, you must connect the battery to the esc, and then the ESC to the receiver under channel 3 (if you use mode 1) . Then there should be another wire which you connect to the motor.

Here's a video to do this by Flite Test.

Hyperdrive

No it didn't I have connected it to esc,the controller binds and everything works except the motor,any other solutions
So the motor is still spinning when connected to the battery? Is your controller stick on the throttle all the way down? If so when you calibrated the esc your throttle stick might not have been all the way up.

Wildboy84

So the motor is still spinning when connected to the battery? Is your controller stick on the throttle all the way down? If so when you calibrated the esc your throttle stick might not have been all the way up.
I have not calibrated the esc,it came calibrated I got the rtf type,if I have to calibrate it could you explain how I can send you a pic of the plane but I am busy at the moment I should be able to in about 15 minutes

Hyperdrive

I have not calibrated the esc,it came calibrated I got the rtf type,if I have to calibrate it could you explain how I can send you a pic of the plane but I am busy at the moment I should be able to in about 15 minutes
At 2:38 in the video he explains how to calibrate the esc. Let me know if this helps.😁

Wildboy84

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230814-141820_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230814-141820_Gallery.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 0

Crazed Scout Pilot

I know exactly what the problem is. There are three holes to plug the motor in, your plugging it in to the wrong set of holes try moving it over and that should solve problem. I did the same thing when I changed the motor on my Sport cub i just plugged it in were it fit but the motor spun up i then moved it over and that fixed it.
From above the extra hole needs to be on the left side.
IMG_8584.JPG

IMG_8583.JPG

IMG_8586.JPG

Not on the right side.

IMG_8585.JPG

I can see from your picture that you motor is plugged in with the extra hole on the right side. So again if you just move it over that should fix the problem. Hopefully that helps.

Wildboy84

I know exactly what the problem is. There are three holes to plug the motor in, your plugging it in to the wrong set of holes try moving it over and that should solve problem. I did the same thing when I changed the motor on my Sport cub i just plugged it in were it fit but the motor spun up i then moved it over and that fixed it.
From above the extra hole needs to be on the left side.
View attachment 239476
View attachment 239477
View attachment 239478
Not on the right side.

View attachment 239479

I can see from your picture that you motor is plugged in with the extra hole on the right side. So again if you just move it over that should fix the problem. Hopefully that helps
Hey I tried that,if I put it on the right side then the motor spins constantly, but If I put it on the left side with the extra hole then it doesn't spin at all,if I twist the wire then the motor spins in the opposite way

Crazed Scout Pilot

Hey I tried that,if I put it on the right side then the motor spins constantly, but If I put it on the left side with the extra hole then it doesn't spin at all,if I twist the wire then the motor spins in the opposite way
I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you.:( That's a real bummer. I wish I was more of a help. Maybe try emailing Horizon hobby and telling them exactly what you told me, they might know.