Sport Cub S 2 500mah Battery Upgrade 3D Printed

SportCubS2

Hi all- new here!

Just wanted to share the bracket I designed and printed to accommodate the EFlite 500mah 1s on my Sport Cub S 2. I now get around 20 minutes of flight time! It’s definitely slower with the larger battery… but hey as a beginner I don’t mind that….
Printed with white PLA and CA’d into battery pocket.
IMG_5133.jpeg
IMG_5131.jpeg
IMG_5130.jpeg
IMG_5132.jpeg

Shurik-1960

According to the photo, there is a place to install the bracket deeper into the body of the model and the battery will stand up perfectly without giving too much resistance. If you upgrade, you need to do it beautifully and strive to keep the CG the same.

Shurik-1960

In the photo, I see an EPP that can be easily cut with a knife (I cut it with a pulsed soldering iron). Instead of a bracket for a new battery, I would make a new long cover and carefully hide the battery in the body of the model. You moved the new battery forward (it's bigger and heavier than the old one) and the model got a front alignment. To properly install a new battery: 1. Install the old battery and mark CG. 2. Using double-sided adhesive tape, fix the position of the new battery on the old CG. 3. make a new niche for the battery (with a lid or bracket..)

Last edited:

quorneng

Master member
That was my thought too.
A Super Cub has quite a "boxy" fuselage yet you installed the bigger battery on the out side with a 3D printed frame (weight?) to hold it.
Quite a practical solution but not the most elegant.

SportCubS2

It flies fine! Also there’s enough tension in the bracket to hold the battery wherever I put it… so can adjust cg. Yes not hidden, but battery changes take no time at all so more time for fun!