Stickmover on Kickstarter

RCman50

family, faith, foam, fun!
Very cool for learning muscle memory without the cost of repairs to your heli, 3D plane, or quad.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I would be inclined to think this will not work as well as time on a sim with your own radio.

Simply because on your radio you will be setting up rates, expos and throws differently for each model or type you fly. A lot of that upper skill flying requires very slight adjustments. This trainer will be showing you one way to do it and not the actual way based on how each person flys or sets up their gear. It seems too much like the video game "Cookie cutter" spec's many play by instead of finding what works best for themselves.

I think you having control for settings like that and mere time on a sim would benefit you more as well as much quicker as you will not have to relearn everything once you get on your own real radio. That said it is a neat way to learn how things are done but not very cost effective to do so in my opinion.

RCman50

family, faith, foam, fun!
Very true Psyborg, never thought about that. I cant fly anything 3D so that never occurred to me. So in theory if it launches they'll most likely sell these to people like me :D who don't know any better and will regret buying it later and wish they went with just a sim in the first place thats most likely cheaper and comes with a radio you can use in the field later. Just my thoughts after hearing yours!

Bringamosa

I think it's a bit of both. Because in your sim it's still not the same as real life. It might be close but not the same. This might be just the perfect tool to get the feel for the sticks, then switch to your sim and own transmitter, then over to the real deal.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
But you won't be getting the feel for anything but that box they mount the sticks in. It won't feel the same in your hands. I just switched to a Taranis recently and have been using it a lot on sims and flying. I just picked up my Devo 7 to start flying planes on my old laptop and it didn't feel right at all even after using it for the 2-3 years prior to getting the Taranis. It really does make a difference what you practice on.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
It's an interesting idea...but seems way overpriced for what it is, and looking at their team listing they seem way heavy on marketing and light on hardware/software/production capable people.