Storing planes - what's the best way?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It's some sort of "stik" plane. It was a gift from a friend.

I haven't flown it yet... I'm likely going to go with electric power, instead of chancing it with one of those horrible noisy things.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
It's some sort of "stik" plane. It was a gift from a friend.

I haven't flown it yet... I'm likely going to go with electric power, instead of chancing it with one of those horrible noisy things.

Those horrible noisy things most of the time do also need more time to set up and work correctly until you can go fly/drive. That is the only negative thing about them. On the other hand that horrible noise can make a plane sound more scale and give you a proper feeling for the plane.

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
Those horrible noisy things most of the time do also need more time to set up and work correctly until you can go fly/drive. That is the only negative thing about them. On the other hand that horrible noise can make a plane sound more scale and give you a proper feeling for the plane.

IMO prop noise alone sounds more scale than a strimmer engine:rolleyes:

Rcplaneguy

Minnesota Flyer
I use a 6'x4' piece of old fishing netting hung from my ceiling. Works great and I can keep putting more planes on it!

Fishbonez

I use a 6'x4' piece of old fishing netting hung from my ceiling. Works great and I can keep putting more planes on it!

I use something similar I hang my planes from the ceiling with 550 cord. Dont look that pretty but sure holds them well.

Last edited:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Well, all my planes (3 + s Tricopter) and my two cars are aaaalll on the ground and take a quarter of my room -.-' I need to somehow look how to attach them to the ceiling.

FTcello1869

I use fiberglass snow stakes (Home Depot) threaded through eyelets that fasten through the wallboard into the ceiling joists. I bend a square hook from piano wire that goes over the rod, then either use a long s-hook or a hook that goes around the motor and prop depending on which way I want to hang the plane up. I have 28 planes hung up by this method. I join the rods together with shrink tubing.

IMG_3215.JPG IMG_3216.JPG IMG_3217.JPG

T-RaxTom

T-Rax has like 18 styles for ceiling , walls and freestanding racks.
Seems perfect for plane wings and stuff.
I used to fly with dad when I was I kid . He was super good , I was terrible at it.
Anyway stay healthy and safe.