Summer Flite Test Work

Rayyaan_M

Does Flite Test have any summer internship type work? I think that would actually be a great option for them to get teenagers to come in during the summer and just work and stay with Flite Test, maybe even be part of the show! I'm 15 years old and i think that would be a great option to make sure the RC hobby continues on. I mean like, the youth are the future generations running the world. Haha idk. Anyways i think that would be a great thing to do.
Also does anybody know a good way to get proper funding to start a RC club at school?
I was planning on doing that but turns out my school does not have any funding to supply clubs. I was really hoping to be able to start a club like this to get more people involved into Multi rotors and other RC vehicles.
Thanks, Rayyaan.

Julez

WOT and going nowhere
Club dues and donations from other local hobbyists are usually the way to go for funding clubs. At least that's how I've done it...

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Summer internships?

I'm all for that, but please don't limit it to teenagers... ;-)

rdavenport764

I really like the idea of the internships during the summer and even possible job opportunities? I don't know maybe? I am 14.5 now and would absolutely love to help flite test share and advance the hobby to others in the community.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Its been discussed before. I think there are some insurance issues and other more legal questions were brought up the last time this was discussed.

Raccoonworks

Save your Trash!! Myles
This has been in the back of mind since I found out that FTHQ isn't that far from me! This would, indeed, be awesome even for the teen or adult that hasn't gotten in to the hobby....yet :)

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Also does anybody know a good way to get proper funding to start a RC club at school?
I was planning on doing that but turns out my school does not have any funding to supply clubs...

Thanks, Rayyaan.

I can only address this question. Check with local RC clubs. My RC club sets aside funds, have donated equipment to, and helped mentor RC clubs at local schools as part of our mission to promote the hobby. Membership to both AMA and our club is free for those under 18.