Thank You to FT Forum -- Versacopter Success.

I would like to extend my thanks to all who contribute to the FT Forum. Your questions and answers have been invaluable to me as I went from multirotor newbie to multirotor/FPV pilot. I started with the Versacopter build kit from FT and the suggested powerpack E, Naze32 Acro board, Spektrum rx and Spektrum DX6. I had some initial issues with 2 motors not working but FT sent me 2 new ones and informed me that there had been some weak solders on the bullet connectors (some day I will re-solder the 2 extra emax motors and use them for something else or as replacements). I also had a problem getting the AR610 Rx to communicate with the board or vice versa. My solution was to buy a Spektrum satellite rx and set it up as PPM -- had to solder one wire to the board. Once everything was working I started flying line of sight in my backyard and then I started FPV using horizon mode at a large athletic field near my house. I use Boscam goggles and a Skyzone TS832 video tx with a Lumenier 650 camera and a Turnigy Action Cam for recording. The trick to learning to fly was to just do it. The best advice I got on here for flying FPV was to add a little right stick in the same direction as my yaw stick movement to compensate for drift on turns. Now I am buzzing around and having the time of my life.

Next I will try Acro mode. I bought another quad (the Eachine Racer 250 for $129) and it comes with CC3D which uses Openpilot software. In some ways I find Openpilot superior to Cleanflight as it has a mode called "rattitude" which is stabilized flight near the center of the stick and rate or acro flight near the ends of stick movement. not sure if this is the same as horizon mode or not. It also offers "cruise control" which compensates thrust when moving vs. staying stationary.

Anyway... THANK YOU!