Solved Another stupid ? about the GG

luvmy40

Elite member
It's just one thing after another with me and this Gremlin! I feel like a complete ID10T!

So, I have everything working as it should in the Beta Flight configurator. Motors spinning the correct directions, all sticks controlling the correct motions in the RX screen, in the correct directions, but I cannot figure out how to set the arm and angle/mode switches. The TX and RX are bound and the configurator sees the TX signals but the throttle doesn't actually spin up the motors.

I have contact request into FT for tech support but, with FF winding down, I'm sure it will be a while before they can give me any time.

Bricks

Master member
Arming goes on channel 5 only place it will work link your arm switch to that channel. Don`t do as I did on one of my quads and used throttle cut like I do on planes, drove me crazy for 3 weeks before I figured it out. Your mode switch is set in the modes tab in the radios first if you want to use channel 6 that is where you will link your switch.

luvmy40

Elite member
So, I finally figured out how to set up the Aux channels and get them to show up and control the mode functions in Betaflight. Everything works perfectly in Betaflight. Nothing works when not connected to Betaflight. Cannot arm the motors, no throttle at all. I really don't know if the Angle and Horizon modes are working.

Again, everything looks good in the Betaflight RX and Mode tabs.

Last edited:

luvmy40

Elite member
Finally got it figured out. In the end, I had the throttle low threshold set to the same value as the throttle low limit and it will not arm if the throttle value is not lower than the low threshold.

Now to figure out how to get an audible alarm when the battery voltage drops to 3.5V.