The Great 2020 Quarantine Build-Off?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member

OliverW

Legendary member
If the quarantine lasts until mid April, can I build this?!??!
Screenshot_20200313-213341_Facebook.jpg

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
The Planedemic Quarantine Challenge? Scratch build something in 2 weeks (During March) that you can’t go out of the house to obtain any components? Ordering parts online acceptable if you can get the parts in time to complete & fly on the weekend of March 28-29. No winners, no participation trophies, you‘re a winner if you survive & post the build & completed models here. Anybody interested?
Does it necessarily have to be a plane?

Figure9

Elite member
Nothing special so far. I’m at the pre-paint mockup stage on the Bloody Baron & all at once I realize its midnight! All good, @Hoomi got me building it & not letting it just sit on the shelf rotting away. @BATTLEAXE has ironing techniques on a video that I’m trying to perfect along with doing my best for greater precision & finer glue joints without so much wasted glue. This isn’t exactly a scratch build but I’ll be trying my best to make this build look a bit more presentable up close.

34D9BC8C-251A-426D-8DA3-9A69B548174B.jpeg

Zetoyoc

Elite member
Nothing special so far. I’m at the pre-paint mockup stage on the Bloody Baron & all at once I realize its midnight! All good, @Hoomi got me building it & not letting it just sit on the shelf rotting away. @BATTLEAXE has ironing techniques on a video that I’m trying to perfect along with doing my best for greater precision & finer glue joints without so much wasted glue. This isn’t exactly a scratch build but I’ll be trying my best to make this build look a bit more presentable up close.

View attachment 161344
looks good so far. ill tell ya though ironing those scallops is a bit of a pain. I did it on three wings for my dr1 but it does look good in the end.