The mixing of recommended options

ajlepel

Yes I am new to the world of electronic airplanes and I'm trying to get educated as much as I can. I know how to search on forums but you guys post so much good material it takes forever to get to the answer to my questions. So if you'll indulge me I'll ask this my first question on this forum.

I'm looking to build the Storch. I'm reading up on the electronic requirements and I am challenged by the lists when it refers to options. Are all the option one equipment items suppose to be used together or can they be mixed with option two items.

When I see an option one for motor, an option one for battery, an option one for esc, and an option one for servos, am I to assume that all the options are to be kept together, or can I use an option one battery, with an option two motor, and an option one esc with an option two servo?

Thanks in advance for your rely

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
AJ,

Welcome to the forum!

For servos, they generally work universally, so *usually* any one option is up to you. The exceptions to this is when high strenght or precision is required (like a VERY fast plane, or a vector thrust mount for a tricopter or VTOL plane).

For motor/prop/ESC/battery(cell count), I'd stick to the same option. I'm not quite convinced this is universally true, but on the whole, in FT's shop the option numbers for these four items are matched.

If you're still nervous anout a set, feel free to ask "does this set work together" and you should get a clear answer, with a "why" something in the set won't match. From that, you'll learned a bit on matching parts, and hopefully can help others with it too ;)