The Ultimate Park Flyer - SFI-RAD Styx

Spacefarer

I hate taking off at my field. I can never get off the ground because there's holes everywhere and tall grass and moisture. It screws up any plane after a couple landings. So, I channeled my rage into a new design and now I have the Styx. It's not fully done yet, but I have the gear ready to mount and the servos ready to set up. I'm using a tricycle landing gear setup with huge wheels to maximize my ability to take off and land at my field. The motor setup is a standard c pack motor with a 30 amp cobra ESC and a 4000 mAh 3s 45C battery. I only have a couple pictures right now but I will add to this over the weekend because I have essentially the entire time planned out to finish building this.
IMG_0994.JPG
Edge 540 for scale. The wingspan is 5 ft.
IMG_0995.JPG
Picture with the pod.
IMG_0986.JPG
And this is the thickness of the airfoil. The outer segments of the wing are removable and held on with dual lock. Also, the tail might look familiar to some of you. It's a bronco tail with an enlarged horizontal stabilizer. All the rest is simple shapes made using a ruler and a pencil. If you want, I could upload the 3d printed part files once that's all done as well. Anyways, happy halloween! I have to get back to flying a ghost at the park.

Spacefarer

Just wanted to pop in and mention an idea I had with @Fluburtur : I could make a different setup for the motors where there would be two push-pull nacelles on the wings with 4 motors total. The plane would have insane power and probably be able to lift a brick. I'll definitely keep that idea in my future build plans.