the unofficial let's talk about coffee thread!

Bo123

Elite member
I still don't understand. The only coffee I have is either in cakes, or has been dipped in rolls, I don't drink it straight.
I probably shouldn't mention I bought a Krave coffee sifter then. I've never actually used it, but I have it if I ever want to go that far to actually control my grind uniformity. :geek:

Piotrsko

Master member
If you don't roast it yourself then use a french press for cold extract, you're a wannabe. I have 2: hot air popcorn and homebrew sifter roaster. In my case it doesn't sit long enough in the ground condition to outgass and using a high acidic bean negates any C02 effect.

If you like commercial flavored coffee, might as well drink chocolate flavored charcoal.

Marzipan

If you don't roast it yourself then use a french press for cold extract, you're a wannabe. I have 2: hot air popcorn and homebrew sifter roaster. In my case it doesn't sit long enough in the ground condition to outgass and using a high acidic bean negates any C02 effect.

If you like commercial flavored coffee, might as well drink chocolate flavored charcoal.

I think we found a snob, guys!!! :sneaky:

Piotrsko

Master member
Not a snob, that would require expensive name brand hardware that replicates my cheap processes. I want coffee roasted to 435f, between 1st crack and 2nd crack not 450+ what many call morning roast.

Marzipan

Not a snob, that would require expensive name brand hardware that replicates my cheap processes. I want coffee roasted to 435f, between 1st crack and 2nd crack not 450+ what many call morning roast.

that was tongue in cheek, Piotrsko, friendly ribbing :D

you like light roasts eh? what coffee to water ratio do you use?

Piotrsko

Master member
Four tablespoons to 3cups cold water. Sit overnight in press in fridge, makes 4cups morning coffee. Kinda a tablespoon to an 8oz cup

Marzipan

Four tablespoons to 3cups cold water. Sit overnight in press in fridge, makes 4cups morning coffee. Kinda a tablespoon to an 8oz cup

mmm...I was thinking more along the lines of the rule of thumb to use 7g of coffee per 100ml of water. ;)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!

That makes sense somehow... Wake up scratch yer butt crack.. walk to the kitchen to see the crack of dawn in time to make the perfect coffee.. So getting up at the buttcrack of dawn to make your coffee is the right attitude to take.

Piotrsko

Master member
That makes sense somehow... Wake up scratch yer butt crack.. walk to the kitchen to see the crack of dawn in time to make the perfect coffee.. So getting up at the buttcrack of dawn to make your coffee is the right attitude to take.
I'm 67..... getting up at the crack of dawn or before is a way of life anymore, and except for making it hot, it's already made. Not so sure about the scratching part. And you'd better not get in the way before my first cup. Ask my wife, taint pretty.

7grams to 100 ml sounds wasteful, might as well just use Robusto and a 475 degree roast (250c for non 'Muricans)

leaded50

Legendary member
i use a coffemaker, that gives me normally the best taste. (favorite coffe Blue Jacobs , Germany)
And been a "heavy" coffedrinker in years. When was truckdriver, it happends i got abstinence because to long since got a cup ;)
Was also diagnosed as coffeadicted.....

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Sofia Vergara posed for national coffee day laying in a pile of coffee beans wearing nothing but coffee beans. Since these are family friendly forums I will not share the picture or link here, but I am curious how the true Coffee Snobs would think this would affect the purity and sanctity of the coffee??? Somehow I think it may fall in line with the Kopi Luwak (cat :poop:).

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Sofia Vergara posed for national coffee day laying in a pile of coffee beans wearing nothing but coffee beans. Since these are family friendly forums I will not share the picture or link here, but I am curious how the true Coffee Snobs would think this would affect the purity and sanctity of the coffee??? Somehow I think it may fall in line with the Kopi Luwak (cat :poop:).

I don't care about the coffee snobs thoughts. I will however take a guess is she smelled as good as she looked after that photoshoot. My question is the tan from the bean oil as there are no tan lines or was it a spray tan that ruined good coffee.

Piotrsko

Master member
I don't care about the coffee snobs thoughts. I will however take a guess is she smelled as good as she looked after that photoshoot. My question is the tan from the bean oil as there are no tan lines or was it a spray tan that ruined good coffee.
My guess spray tan, but probably cheapo burnt month old grocery store crud coffee beans so no real waste. Add enough Creamer and she'll be right, mate

Last edited:
I just like what they stand for...
BRCC.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
My friends used to mail order specialty coffees from a company called Gevalia that weren't too bad. Like all flavored beans I get that chemical aftertaste so I never bother with fancy coffee. If its really bad there is nothing a shot or three of Baileys Irish Cream, Kahlua, or Coffee Brandy cant fix.

Well normal people will think it's too fancy and coffee elitists will think it's completely amateur, but I use a sort of entry level espresso machine (De'Longhi Dedica) and I grind Lavazza beans. Since I don't do dairy I make my own cashew milk. And I always have Torani syrups on hand. It's not a coffee for coffee snobs but it's delicious.