thrust angle?

levigabel

I just 3D printed a power pod for my tiny trainer, but it does not have the thrust angle that the foam one has, do I need it for a tiny trainer?

Shurik-1960

The engine has a bevel of 3 degrees to the left to compensate for the torque from the rotating screw (at 0 degrees, the model will pull inwards). For overhead planes, the engine is tilted 2-3 degrees downwards - this reduces the thrust from the engine upwards. If the mowing is not embedded in the motor frame, then they are achieved by placing 2-3 thin washers under the engine leg.

Shurik-1960

I agree - any plane will fly without cutting the engine. You can use the rudder to compensate for the model's departure to the left due to the torque created by the screw... You can use the elevator to compensate for the strong desire of the model to gain height... Maybe it's easier to make a mowing once, picking up the washers under the engine legs and using the steering wheels, enjoying the flight of the model in a normal position and upside down? I have any model that can be connected to any other person's receiver-transmitter kit and it will fly adequately! The basics of setting up an airplane model are the main part after assembly.