Turnigy i6 6-channel Transmitter and reciever , HELP , first time Tx/Rx buyer

Bacon8tor

Hello all, looking to buy my first Tx/Rx want to stay around or under $50 . I understand this is not alot but its what my budget allows. AFter looking at reviews seems like a good combo Turnigy i6
I just dont know what im looking out for. I was intially looking at getting a spectrum becuase most bBnF looks like they will work. But for this price I felel ike my options are a little more open. I can purchase PnF or even buy parts and build my own.

also I found this FLy Sky which seems about the same? not sure if you can do mixing on the flysky? can someone please help me , some opinions, advise, suggestions?? I really would like to get into the build your own planes. so tx/rx is prefered.

joshuabardwell

Mentor
Either of those is a fine choice for a budget radio. A lot of the budget Chinese radios are the exact same thing with a different badge on it, so I wouldn't be surprised to find that the CT6B was identical to the i6.

joshuabardwell

Mentor
ANother question if you buy a Bnf Aircraft can you take their Rx out of it and put your own?

In theory, yes. In practice, the receiver in a BnF is often very small and your Rx may not fit. Also, the BnF may have custom connectors that don't fit your Rx. You would be better off buying a Plug-n-Fly (PNF) model, which has everything ready to fly except for the receiver.

gabrielete

I would go for the turnigy. The turnigy is Afhds2 and the other is Afhds. I think both are really FlySky radios, but I have an old afhds radio and some local stores in my country are running out of afhds recievers. Also the i6 can be configured using the radio menu and the other you must use the computer.

finnen

Yeah, go for the turnigy (which I believe is a rebranded flysky). The flysky without a display is programmable, but you need to connect it to a computer to do that, and that would be really painful for event the slightest adjustment.

finnen

The 5-channel isn't programmable at all. Given the small price difference, I would absolutely go with the programmable TX. With the 5-channel you would need to retrim every time you change model, and you can't set up mixes, end point, sub trims etc. You gain a lot of functionality for those $25. You might not need it for your first plane, but if you plan to have at least two planes, you definitely want the 6-channel TX.

gabrielete

DONT buy a transmitter with no memory. I have one and I regret it at all. Trimming every time you change the plane is disgusting, not to mention all the accidents becouse you misconfigure the reversers.

Bacon8tor

Ok I got my Tx/Rx in the mail today !!!!!! so far it feels nice in the hands, should have bought the computer cord when i bought the controller cause i have nothing to actaully try it with. My spit build should be here today also but i dont have motor etc. etc .

Bacon8tor

DONT buy a transmitter with no memory. I have one and I regret it at all. Trimming every time you change the plane is disgusting, not to mention all the accidents becouse you misconfigure the reversers.

sevilla ?? very nice there visited many times with my family.