Solved Can I mismatch my Tx and Rx?

flyingkelpie

Elite member
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if I can use my Tgy i6 and bind it to a BetaFPV ELRS Rx. I would assume that I can as they both are 2.4GHz ISM Frequency but I'm not certain. I would rather not have to buy a new Tx for my drone build so if anyone knows if I can do this it would be helpful.

Thanks

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if I can use my Tgy i6 and bind it to a BetaFPV ELRS Rx. I would assume that I can as they both are 2.4GHz ISM Frequency but I'm not certain. I would rather not have to buy a new Tx for my drone build so if anyone knows if I can do this it would be helpful.

Thanks
no, they use different protocols, the i6 is afhds2a and the elrs is using elrs. different protocols are nto compatible unless you have a multiprotocol module that supports those protocols

flyingkelpie

Elite member
no, they use different protocols, the i6 is afhds2a and the elrs is using elrs. different protocols are nto compatible unless you have a multiprotocol module that supports those protocols
Ok thanks for the answer, I figured out I can just buy a different reciever so its all good.

quorneng

Master member
flyingkelpie
You can see why the RC manufacturers adopted 2.4 Ghz with such alacrity. Yes 2.4 does have advantages for the RC user but it also allowed the manufacturer to develop their own transmitting protocol that is unique to them and their receivers. It can even be copyright protected!
Some even changed and updated their protocols so you had to buy new kit to keep up with the latest "improvements". ;)