• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Twin star II maiden crash near lake Geneva (France)

Spikee

Backstory: Began a month ago
bought anx floater -> tale broke off because wrong cg and inexperience
Ordered a new one for 30 euro's and trained in flight sim so the new one wouldn't die on its maiden.
New one arrived -> reinforced the weak places of the airfraime -> had several successfull flights -> crashed at high speed because esc overheating and motor failure.

So after my Axn floater had an horrible crash due to motor failure (lose magnet) I ordered a Multiplex Twin star II because i wanted a bigger airframe and better build quality. I finished the build two hours before we went on vacation to France.

I would have preferred to do my maiden via a ground start but that was not possible due to the height of the grass.

I told my dad not to trow the planne so it would pull itself out of his hand and fly, but somehow he forgot and trew it into the wind while i was to low on my throttle. Because i was scarded to damage te foam i did not power up and the plane probably just stalled and spiralled to the ground,

Video:

Result: one broken wing clip (the clip breaks so no damage is done to the foam).
mpua2478.jpg

6 euro for 2 new ones from multiplex :O

Also some of my axn floater flights + death:

When i'm back from vacation i will try again and succeed in a stable flight. I hope finally to be able to fly fpv.

Setup:
5.8Ghz 200mW vtx CL antenna and SKW on receiver
Osd running on CL-osd (home arrow etc..)
Natterer modelbau twin star brushless set:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKJW30jxa4E
808 keychain cam #16
Frsky 2.4Ghz telemetry set from hk