TX setups

Angoraith

Is there a dedicated forum for TX setups as I can not seem to find one ? As the DX9 Link in the instructions for the mini Guinea does not work.

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
Is there a dedicated forum for TX setups as I can not seem to find one ? As the DX9 Link in the instructions for the mini Guinea does not work.

What are you trying to do, there are enough people here running Spektrum we should be able to help.

Angoraith

I am after a setup file for the mighty mini Guinea for my NX10, never had a twin engine before so thought ths would be very helpful but the link on the instruction page does not work, I assume the DX9 would be compatible. Not sure if motors both go the same way and use one CCW and one CW prop? If not a file then I basically after advice to set up twin motors do I use a Y branch etc or is differential thrust a must?

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...Not sure if motors both go the same way and use one CCW and one CW prop?...
Either setup will work. Counter rotating props are preferred, as they cancel out any torque effect.

...If not a file then I basically after advice to set up twin motors do I use a Y branch etc or is differential thrust a must?
Either setup will work. It’s totally your choice.

If you want differential thrust, you will need two throttle channels. Make the throttle stick control both channels, both going the same direction. Make the rudder master of the throttle on both channels, one channel +100 and the other-100.

Angoraith

At the moment I managed to set it up nicely. I have used one channel with a Y splitter and removed one of the red wires from a ESC as it was unbalanced. I then put four mixes in as per some googling with the rudder, so I now have a 3 pos switch with throttle cut then diff and then no diff all working well but uncertain if I can achieve counter rotating with this way of setting up as in reversing AUX 1 2nd motor would work?

bwarz

Master member
At the moment I managed to set it up nicely. I have used one channel with a Y splitter and removed one of the red wires from a ESC as it was unbalanced. I then put four mixes in as per some googling with the rudder, so I now have a 3 pos switch with throttle cut then diff and then no diff all working well but uncertain if I can achieve counter rotating with this way of setting up as in reversing AUX 1 2nd motor would work?
Either way (y cable or two channels) contrarotating is as simple as swapping two of the wires on one motor to make it spin in reverse and changing the prop.

Tench745

Master member
Like bwarz says, counter-rotation is simply a matter of unplugging any two wires between the motor and the ESC, and swapping them with one another. Test without props on.
It's personal preference, but I would suggest changing your mixes so no-differential is on the middle setting. I always like my switches to go from the least complex/difficult to fly setting to the most.
Also, you cannot get differential thrust with the ESCs on a Y-harness. The Y-harness gives the same signal to both ESCs, so there is no way to tell one to speed up or the other slow down. Each ESC will need to be plugged into its own channel.