TX16 radio on FT airliner

Corsair714

What is a "lite version?" I'm thinking on picking one up.
The lite version is a version of the tx16s that has a different multi protocol chip or rather only one of the four that the regular one has. It can't bind to as many different protocols. The only really useful protocols it does are flysky and futaba. The normal version of the the tx16s has a 4in1 chip that can bind to basically any protocol.

Edit: The lite version is also cheaper and has poorer quality components

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
The lite version is a version of the tx16s that has a different multi protocol chip or rather only one of the four that the regular one has. It can't bind to as many different protocols. The only really useful protocols it does are flysky and futaba. The normal version of the the tx16s has a 4in1 chip that can bind to basically any protocol.

Edit: The lite version is also cheaper and has poorer quality components

Also does not have the added ability of using touch screen, which is called OTx Edge. The software is already out there and very useable and companion Edge has been updated to use on your PC. If I was buying the Radiomaster TX16s I would make darn sure it has the touch screen. My TX16s has the touch screen but I have not updated to Edge yet.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
EdgeTX 2.4 and 2.5 have touch interface, but it's not fully touch compatible, yet. Some screens still require buttons/scroll wheel. No biggie.
OpenTX still has TBS Crossfire module feature, and EdgeTX does not have Crossfire, yet. As soon as Crossfire is ready, I'll update to ETX again. The touch screen is cool, and makes some things easier to do, but still needs more development. If you don't need CRXF, and don't mind using the buttons a little, it's really not bad.