Waterproofing....

I know its been done before and posted before but I want to run my own test (experiments) on what works better, easier, faster.....and also get some imput on what everyone is doing.

First test plane.....
minwax after i build the plane, plus hotglue all exposed foam edges...
Hot glue got tacky after the minwax.
Painted with rustoleum spray paint.
Flew it one morning and grass was damp from overnite fog.
So far worked good had alittle delamination on edge that wasnt completly covered in hotglue. Everything else pretty good.
Even though hot glue joints dried after a while, would of prefered it not get tacky after the minwax.

Second test plane.....
Cut out DT foam parts, removed paper and applied Oracal 651 vinyl used for signs on both sides.
Actually worked pretty good, but after building plane, foam does not feel as tough/sturdy with vinyl than with the paper. Also wings and fuesalage look alittle warped from vinyl being applied.
Have yet to fly, still trying to decide to fly it or not, but I think the wind might fold the wings over.

Third test plane.....
Applied minwax to cut out DT foam parts before building plane. Gonna wait a couple of days to build so that minwax completely dries.
Im trying to decide if I should spray a light coat of paint on parts before glueing plane together and once glued give it some final coats of paint....???

Fourth test plane.....
Have not done it yet but planning on using tape to see how plane holds up.

Sorry....wasnt planning on making a thread on this, now I wish i would have taken pics.

Any suggestions, tips, comments,....