Well @Grifflyer This is what happens .......

jfaleo1

Well this is what happens when you put a 6S 70mm fan and a big battery in he 70mm L-39. Folded the wing mid split S and hit at about 100 MPH. But it was FAST while it lasted. Wood dowel spar too. Carbon fiber next time. Wish I had video. Grunjet and VX30 both fine....
65189155822__4A039CFD-2B7B-4000-8768-3992F9C15B01.jpg

Jeff

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Well this is what happens when you put a 6S 70mm fan and a big battery in he 70mm L-39. Folded the wing mid split S and hit at about 100 MPH. But it was FAST while it lasted. Wood dowel spar too. Carbon fiber next time. Wish I had video. Grunjet and VX30 both fine.... View attachment 206153

Jeff
rebuild it..... your wing is still almost 100%.... some pieces of fb & hot glue... and you should be up and flying in no time...:p

cyclone3350

Master member
Powerfun great units

Is that 70mm also a powerfun? I live near Value Hobby and bought of few their 4s 64mm EDF's. I haven't had the chance to try them out. I wasn't expecting much because they R so cheap. They do look like good units in your video.

jfaleo1

Is that 70mm also a powerfun? I live near Value Hobby and bought of few their 4s 64mm EDF's. I haven't had the chance to try them out. I wasn't expecting much because they R so cheap. They do look like good units in your video.
Yes it is. Actually better than FMS for thrust.