What are you thankful for?

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
Really sorry to hear that please accept my sympathy it must be very difficult for you and your family. It seems like the NHS are getting a pat on the back for dealing with Covid yet other illnesses are getting overlooked. Surely thats what doctors and nurses get paid for, just like people in the forces it goes with the job. Don't think I am biased either, both my wife and daughter work in the NHS.
American health care....

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I am greatful for the last of my six, 12 hour night shifts. So I can go flying and relax, although I am also greatful for the end of my 3 days off. So I can go back to work and escape the constant nagging of my wife.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I am grateful that we have passed winter solstice and the days are getting longer again. it wont be long til I will be washing mud from my quads each night in preparation to get them dirty again the next day.

I am also grateful about the changes to remote ID AND the fact they totally removed mandatory continuous internet connection for tracking. Still more hurdles to go over but that was a huge HUGE thing in our favor.

speedbirdted

Legendary member
I am also grateful about the changes to remote ID AND the fact they totally removed mandatory continuous internet connection for tracking. Still more hurdles to go over but that was a huge HUGE thing in our favor.

The problem with the whole thing though is like say you have a junker car that's worth $500, but you want $1000, so you stick a for sale sign on it that says $2000. Of course nobody will pay $2000 but if someone is interested in it and you knock the price to $1000, it will seem like they're only paying half price for it while they're really paying double price for it. Of course the original NPRM was never going to get passed but it never intended to. It was just meant so they could take a bunch of stuff off and then hobbyists could think they've won for a bit. As soon as Section 336 was trashed I knew things would just go downhill and honestly I'm not going to be happy until it comes back if it even ever does.

GliderFlyer

Elite member
It's that time again!
Sharing the things you're thankful for can lift moods and brighten somebody else's day.
Please contribute thoughtfully.(y)

This season (and all year), I have been grateful for cars and all engines (running cross country taught me how much energy it takes to get places), access to clean water, shelter, and food.
I am also thankful for sewing machines, solar panels, batteries, balsa wood, and of course, where would we be without sharp razor blades?
I am very thankful for spiders, scary as they are, for providing free pest control. I also am thankful for lightbulbs, clocks, and warm clothes.
I am thankful for my good health, which I know not everybody can enjoy.
I am grateful for the bravery and sacrifice of any veteran who fought for freedom, and I am thankful for the freedom that we so often take for granted.
I am thankful for good books, music, and art, umbrellas, grass, and cameras, paper, tape, and glue, rice, milk, sugar (and all the other ingredients in horchata;))
Obviously, that is not all. Now it is time for you to make a list of your own and share it please. Any amount is fine, however much you feel is sufficient.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I am grateful to still have my mother in my life, she turns 91 at the end of this month. Although she is frail she is doing really well and keeps in good spirits. Her attitude to life makes me appreciate every minute of every day.
I am also grateful that my wife's 40 yr old nephew survived brain surgery last Friday. He had a cancerous tumor removed, the surgeon claims they got 95% of it, the rest is being treated with Chemo therapy so he has a good chance of surviving.
I am also grateful that I have lived long enough to see both my son and daughter grow up and become wonderful human beings, they have made me very proud.
Finally I am very grateful to have a very lovely caring wife, even if she doesn't understand why I love model planes so much :LOL:

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I dunno if we are going to do the alphabet thing from last year so I'm gonna not do that. Maybe if people start doing it I can make a new list to match.

I think the first and biggest thing for me is my parents. Not only are they continuing to support my sister and myself in whatever our interests are, but they have been trying to set us up for success since before I was even born. I wish that I had realized how much they do for me earlier in life, but only after I entered high school I realized how much work it must be to live as an adult raising and supporting a family. My next would have to be my (very supportive) family as a whole, including my parents, sister, and our two dogs. Having two dogs run to you with toys when you get home from school is a massive mood improver btw.
Biking also goes high on my list, as it kept me fit during distance learning and also kept me relatively sane. My planes would also go here but I couldn't fly much this year and they don't keep me very fit lol.
There's quite a bit more, but I'll end my list with my friends. They also kept me sane along with my bike, except I can talk to them (or more accurately they will actually respond). They also are just great friends in general.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Jesus
My family ... Even my annoying brother 😂.
My dogs..
My garden
My friends
My parents teaching me to be creative and resourceful
I'm thankful for the LACK of video games in my life.
My books
My RC planes, boats and cars.
And that my dad,mom and I are creating a business together