What Happened to the FT Store Chat?

Hey guys, I've been visiting the FT Store lately to check out some of their new items and I've noticed that the "chat" feature is no longer there. I probably bothered Flying Monkey (who was running the chat) too much and he decided to close it...

It used to be that you could leave a message if Fred wasn't available, but now that chat icon doesn't even pop up. What happened?

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
It might be that it is only active now when someone is there to monitor it. I'm not aware of any software/format updates that could have changed that.

It might be that it is only active now when someone is there to monitor it. I'm not aware of any software/format updates that could have changed that.

I remember that the bar used to initiate the chat used to be blue... can't remember the name of the chat software. The last time I saw the "chat" icon, it was a totally different shape and color.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I haven't seen the chat box pop up at the store in months. Maybe they changed it so it only pops up if you are logged in as a customer and not just general lookie loo's?

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey guys,
We had to get rid of the CHAT function and the PHONE number because people were abusing it :( Individuals were calling chatting for 45 minutes just to chat. Also, instead of support questions they were asking just for flite test employees to chat w them. So, we decided to get rid of those abused functions...

Sorry for the inconvenience, but probably best for everyone!

Blessings,
Stefan

Hey guys,
We had to get rid of the CHAT function and the PHONE number because people were abusing it :( Individuals were calling chatting for 45 minutes just to chat. Also, instead of support questions they were asking just for flite test employees to chat w them. So, we decided to get rid of those abused functions...

Sorry for the inconvenience, but probably best for everyone!

Blessings,
Stefan

I only used the Store chat feature.

I didn't abuse the chat, but, as I mentioned above, I might have been using it just a leettle tooo much :D.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
In addition to that... most nights, there might only be one or two legitimate customer service issues, during the 3-4 (or more) hours I was monitoring it (after working my full day shift at my non FT job.)

I'm able to address many more customers in less time strictly through the FT customer support emails.

Usually if it needs more interactive communication, I can talk to people either through Facebook, or I've worked with them through Skype before.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I always wanted to abuse the chat, but with the different timezones, the staff was probably still at their non FT job. ;-)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Don't worry, some of the other guys in the FB chat made sure to come abuse me for you.

Pat was the perpetrator of more than one fake customer support conversation.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ring ring....Ring ring... Flite Test store support how may I help you?

So ya see... Just as the postman was about to hand me my speed build kit and power pack and shirt and hoodie and stickers and spare props and the build kit this giant hairy cornflake came out of the sky and told the postman to hand over all that stuff. I was aghast when I saw the postman actually do that and not defend my Flite Test gear with his life. I started to yell and scream to scare it away when the postman intervened. He was like dude... That was insured right? I REALLY didn't want to hand it over but I'mmmmm not gonna argue with a giant hairy corn flake.. Are YOUuuuuuuu gonna argue with a giant hairy corn flake?

I was like DUDE that was Flight test gear!!!! he just could not understand why I was so upset. Is there anyway you can replace the order? The postman will vouch for me. His name is George. Just ask him.

Please hold while I see what I can do. tap tap tap on keybd.. hrmm This is his order but all I see is some replacement props and a note begging for a free sticker pack and lipo bag.

Click....... We're sorry the number you have dialed is out of service.. please check the number and dial again..