What is your REAL job?

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
I am a Global Tech Support Engineer III. I troubleshoot Linux and VMware servers connected to storage area networks, in addition I support my companies software defined storage array with cloud computing infrastructures. fun stuff. constantly changing.

flyemhi

A & P Mechanic specializing in Sheet metal structures and composite repair. Bird strikes keep me working, but it stinks to clean out the guts!!

rcwingman

being Ghetto since 2016
I did a training as an IT-guy its called "IT-Systemelektroniker" in my country, did an MCSA and CCNA certification and a webmaster course.
I worked as a Administrator for medical sport systems on a smal company.
After that I hate computer stuff. Really! Solving everyday problems from users sucks.
The most boring part is to wait until the patch, update, driver or script is processed.
After that I decided to go to school again.

I have a Bachelor of Arts in Arts and Design which covers everything from camera operating, designing 2D, 3D, lighting production workflows etc. That was a nice experience. I know a lot of thinks, but I'm not an expert in anything because I scratched the surface only and did not go into details very much.

Now im a freelance filmer and photographer and do e-commerce stuff on my own, reselling rc parts and prototyping parts in online stores.
Thats how i make my money. Not much but enough to pay the rent.

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
I am an Electrical Engineering Technology student at the University of Akron.

I currently work at a retro superstore in Akron, Ohio called the Bomb Shelter. Flite Test visited the store a while back and David bought and ate some super old Military ration crackers. The video is in FT Extra.

Bambua

I'm a architect and develop enterprise level E-commerce sites, mostly on Magento and Hybris. It's a fun job, very challenging but I get to meet and work with a lot of very cool clients!

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I turn in my application to the local FBO tonight. Hopefully I'll be working as an aviation line technician. Fancy name for towing and washing airplanes.

Ed B.

I am a automotive designer, use UG NX at work 3D modelling auto parts. It pays. I am looking for a cheap cad system to use at home to design planes. So far LibreCAD and DraftSight are competing on my PC. I have tried Sketchup, but it is an artsy system, no means of controlling dimensions. Still looking for an acceptable system.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I am a automotive designer, use UG NX at work 3D modelling auto parts. It pays. I am looking for a cheap cad system to use at home to design planes. So far LibreCAD and DraftSight are competing on my PC. I have tried Sketchup, but it is an artsy system, no means of controlling dimensions. Still looking for an acceptable system.
I don't know much about those other two but perhaps you would be interested in this: http://help.sketchup.com/en/article/95599
Let me know what you think. I like drawing programs too and free is normally my target price.

Ed B.

Well I saw I was wrong about SketchUp...I am going back to it. It can scale accurately. Oooo......

Now your link was for a Layout function, and that comes with Pro, now you are not free anymore. I saw the video in Mad (Scratch) Builder's Corner, and I am running back to work in SketchUp with hope. The Forum needs a CAD folder for this.

mrwzrd59

Old Guy Geek
VP of Technical Sales

By trade I'm a tool & Die maker and CNC machinist. I retired from "fool & die" and went into mechanical design/ engineering full time. I now find myself as Vice President of an RV supply company LCI Inc. responsible for plastics, cad design, technical sales, estimating, product development and tooling engineering.....We wear a bunch of hats!
I do mechanical CAD Design on the side to keep sane and recently designed a top fuel drag bike engine for Team Alwine and Korry Hogan. They're world record holders and plan on setting some more with the new bike and engine. See me and them on facebook.

Oh yea, I have Solidworks 2014 and own my own seat of Mastercam X4.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Well I saw I was wrong about SketchUp...I am going back to it. It can scale accurately. Oooo......

Now your link was for a Layout function, and that comes with Pro, now you are not free anymore. I saw the video in Mad (Scratch) Builder's Corner, and I am running back to work in SketchUp with hope. The Forum needs a CAD folder for this.

Also check out AC3D, and MOI3D. Neither are free, but both are VERY good bargains for the power they pack. And I think both offer free trail periods. I use them both, for different things, but they're great.

I'm a police officer in LA County. I pushed a radio car for the first 5 years of my career and for the last 2 years I've been doing computer forensics for the department.

rcwingman

being Ghetto since 2016
I'm a police officer in LA County. I pushed a radio car for the first 5 years of my career and for the last 2 years I've been doing computer forensics for the department.

HEy what do you mean with pushing a radio car for the first 5 years oy your career?

Hey rcwingman sorry it's cop talk for saying I was assigned to patrol, So basically that meant that my primary responsibility was to handle calls for service in full police uniform while driving a marked black and white police vehicle.