What to do? What to do?

frogman

It's a holiday weekend an I just came home from the Dollar Store with 5 pieces of foam board. Where should I start.

Actually I have to finish building a Microaces plane for my friend. It is about 2/3 done. Those things are pretty cool looking. Will be interesting to see how it flies for him after watching the FT episode on the Microaces. He can't build it as for some reason the ink on the stickers set off his allergies. I enjoy the build and heck...he's gonna buy me a FT kit as compensation. Win Win. ( I think the Spitfire is in my future there).

I am thinking one piece of the foam will be used to replace a few pieces on my FT3D that keeps getting beat to @!)#&(#*$ as I learn flying. Last week I did a precision tree landing. Tonight I did a water landing.....upside down. Still trying to learn inverted. Sometimes I do good and sometimes not so good. It is getting easier.

After that I may have to rebuild my entire FT3D based on my abuse of the first one. I will reserve one piece for repairs of it till it is not worth doing anything else but a full rebuild....Gosh I sure love flying the FT3D. It's an awesome plane when you are ready to step up.

With the remainder of the boards I am thinking a Baby Blender may get cut out and put together. I've wanted that bipe for a long time. Plus I can use the same powerpod from my FT3D. It will fly like a bullet with that Beef motor on it. :)

Fun days ahead for sure.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
It's up to you but if you are still learning the basics, the BB probably isn't the best option. It's short coupled and can be called touchy to a newer pilot. Not that the 3D isn't...
I'd honestly say the Spit would likely be more fun for you and would probably be even more fun than the 3D.

frogman

I've been flying for about 5 years. I would consider myself intermediate. Did lots of aerial imagery type flying and have a few tricopters and a DSLR equipped plane for fun. I was ready for the FT3D and am having fun with it. Just never did inverted before so it's a learning process. I have done simulator as well to help along the way. I'm at least good enough that when I go flying with the guy that taught me to fly 5 years ago he is always handing me the sticks to his planes to try out. :). I have Spit in my future for sure.