Whats this called? Simple twin prop plane...

midnightdaylight

Hey guys, when I was a bit younger I had a rely simple twin prop plane, I think it was the Hobby Zone Firebird 1st gen...

It's only moving parts where the props, it would clime and descend with throttle inputs, and would turn by scaling the motors.

I'd love to build one my self and was wondering if any of you might know what a simple craft like that is called.
If you know of any build plans that would be helpful too, thanks.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
The only phrase that comes to mind to describe it is "2 channel". A lot of toy RC planes are only 2 channel to make it a lot easier for a kid to fly. It shouldn't be hard to make one. Most properly balanced planes will climb when you add throttle and decent when you use less throttle. Then you just need to mix differential thrust into the two motors for rudder control. And of course to have dihedral or polyhedral so the plane self rights like any RET (Rudder Elevator Throttle) plane. Really you could take any RET design, make it a twin engine, and get rid of the elevator and rudder control surfaces.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
You may even be able to make it a single engine but keep the rudder control surface. Then it's just one servo and one motor.