Which FT 4ch plane would work with these electronics?

uLightMe

Hello everyone, my name is Rafal and I'm fairly new to the hobby, about 2years. I started with multi-rotors and simulators. I also fly my 3ch micro radian.

My question is, which plane should I build? Here are some criteria:

1. I have some spare parts that I would like to re-purpose for this plane.
- Turnigy D2826/10 1400Kv 205w 50g motor(s)
- Mystery 20A ESC(s)
- 3s 2200mah batteries
- 2s 1000mah batteries
- 8x4.5 Props
- 10x5 Props
2. I would really like a 4 channel setup with ailerons.

I realize that most 4 channel plans are too big for my tiny motors. Do I have any hope with these electronics?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Top of the list, I'd say a Spitfire. easy to build right, easy to fly right, and a wide speed envelope. it should like that motor/ESC on the 8" prop, and the 3s 2200 should be just the right power and weight for her. Get a 2" or 2.25" spinner, but otherwise should be a good fit for what you have.

In reality, most of the FT planes would be happy with that motor. The Mustang and the Storch might be a little slow (I'd build w/o LG on the 'Stang), and it would be grossly underpowered on the FT3D (that ship is power hungry, but in principal all 3D planes are). Otherwise, that motor is either "enough" or "too much".

uLightMe

In reality, most of the FT planes would be happy with that motor. The Mustang and the Storch might be a little slow (I'd build w/o LG on the 'Stang), and it would be grossly underpowered on the FT3D (that ship is power hungry, but in principal all 3D planes are). Otherwise, that motor is either "enough" or "too much".

What a great reply, thank you Dan.

Ever since the Storch came out ... I thought that would be the first FT plane I build and fly due to it's versatility and ease of flight. But looking at the Option C power pack I got scared that my motor/esc will not be adequate?

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
The Storch will be fine, but a little light on power. Not terribly so, but you'll have to fly a little more scale -- a little slower, gentler and coordinated in the turns since you don't have the power to drag the airframe through the turns. It's flown on less, but it will like something a little bit more.

I'd still lean toward the spitfire . . . but it's one that I really prefer ;)

uLightMe

storch sounds perfect :) ... sounds like the micro radian I fly now :)

I feel like he spitfire may be too much of a plane for me right now.