Which FT Kit Should I choose?

Mr Man

You might enjoy the simple cub or the FT 22.
Thanks MR NCT and foamforce your help was great! I really like the simple cub and the Simple Storch. But do you know a good place to get landing gear?

Ty.

Foamforce

Or maybe instead of landing I could do floats. Or maybe a mixture of the two?

Floats add a lot of weight and make it harder to fly.

The videos have instructions for how to make the landing gear. Music wire comes from the hardware store and the wheels can be ordered online at any number of places including FliteTest.com.

A warning on the Cub, it has some bad stall tendencies. You need slightly more speed than you think. Once you get used to it it flies nicely, but the stall speed surprises people when they fly it. It’s not that it’s a particularly high stall speed, but it looks like it should be able to fly slower, and then it suddenly drops a wing. That also means that 75% of your landings with the Cub will end up on the nose. 😂

I recommend the Scout because it doesn’t have those stall tendencies. It floats so gracefully and it lands better than any other FT plane.

The Cub is still a nice plane though, just keep that in mind!

TommyG_FPV

I am seconding the recommendation for FT Tiny Trainer or FT-22. The Tiny Trainer being easier to fly, the FT-22 being a super easy build.
In either case, making sure you have enough power - you probably will want a 3s. In the FT-22, I use a 850Mah pack from a 3" drone, which is fairly short flight time, but is really light. In any case, don't give up faith, enjoy the process. I built and crashed a number of planes before having regularly successful flights and that still isn't guaranteed. But the more you fly, the more you learn to love the whole process and the more you learn to care for smaller and smaller details that you dont necessarily need to at first.

Mr Man

I am seconding the recommendation for FT Tiny Trainer or FT-22. The Tiny Trainer being easier to fly, the FT-22 being a super easy build.
In either case, making sure you have enough power - you probably will want a 3s. In the FT-22, I use a 850Mah pack from a 3" drone, which is fairly short flight time, but is really light. In any case, don't give up faith, enjoy the process. I built and crashed a number of planes before having regularly successful flights and that still isn't guaranteed. But the more you fly, the more you learn to love the whole process and the more you learn to care for smaller and smaller details that you dont necessarily need to at first.
Thanks for the Tip!

Man.