Which Mobius?

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
My wife is going to have the kids "buy" me a Mobius for Father's day, and she wants to know which one I prefer. I see they have the Standard HD action cam and the Wide Angle Edition.

I like the idea of wide angle, but am afraid that things will get tiny and disappear too quickly unless they are right up on top of the camera. For example, in addition to sending this thing up on a plane/multirotor I would like to use it as a hat cam for some flights, or use it to film combat.

In this case am I better off with the standard cam? I assume I am, but would like the opinion of folks who have used them.

raphino

Hey! I am using the mobius with the standard lens. Really like it. I got some real cool footage from following planes. So it looks really cool. But I gotta admit a wideangle is also good especially for catching the scenery. Depends on how you want your footage. For comparison of wideangle vs. standard you can check out my video. Fist part is filmed with a gopro wideangle and the then the chasing footage was filmed with the mobius standard lens. But the light was pretty bad, so don't be intimitaded by the quality sometimes.

http://youtu.be/Smz18y54KTs

Stradawhovious

"That guy"

I saw that site, but due to application diferences I still wasn't convinced one way or the other.

I'm leaning towards the standard for two reasons.. #1 I've seen it in use, and am impressed with the output and #2 the lenses seem to be user replacable, so if I need to I can grab the wide angle lens for $20-$30 and install it.

Thanks for your time folks!

EagleEye

mobios b

I'd go with the mobius b for wide angle vision. i think it is about 79$ at hobby king. hobby king also has a 9$ kit to change it into a hero form factor.