Flite Test - Baby Blender v.2 - BUILD

Implicit

Ran our baby blender into a steel light pole on its 3rd flight with the NTM prop drive motor taking the brunt of the impact. There goes 2 weeks for a new motor. In all honesty the plane flew great and Ill probably just need a new powerpod to get her back in the air
View attachment 13342 View attachment 13343

That's exactly what I did...except my motor survived and the plane was somewhat more damaged. The powerpod got forced back, with the BBQ skewer carving a long hole and similarly the front BBQ skewer for the wing got torn out too and the two horizontal wing supports broke. Everything *was* repairable, but as mentioned, I wanted to make some changes, so decided to rebuild.
(And just started doing that last night).

poplharris

That's exactly what I did...except my motor survived and the plane was somewhat more damaged. The powerpod got forced back, with the BBQ skewer carving a long hole and similarly the front BBQ skewer for the wing got torn out too and the two horizontal wing supports broke. Everything *was* repairable, but as mentioned, I wanted to make some changes, so decided to rebuild.
(And just started doing that last night).

Somewhat more damaged, I like that. That's what Im talking about

Implicit

Somewhat more damaged, I like that. That's what Im talking about

They are amazingly durable!. Even an EPP plane would have a hard time surviving the speed that I ran into that pole at.
(And a balsa plane would have turning into a bag'o'toothpicks)

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor
I have a telephone pole that sucks planes in, just hit it today maidening my first Baby Blender.

One of the things I didn't like about the blender was the sqaure wings...so I changed that.
BBlender1.jpg
BBlender2.jpg

Flys great, but I didn't fly it with the sqaure wings, so I can't compare it.

Flynn

I flew it again today with an 8x4 prop, 1400 kv and 2200mah 25c. I'm getting like 6min flights. I was wondering what you guys are getting for flight times. I've also built and flown the Bloody Wonder (love it!) with a 7x6 prop, 1080kv and 1600 mah 20c and I get like 13mins easy. Just curious.

poplharris

Ready to try again. Got our new 28-26s 1200kv propdrive and not a more handsome unit be. The "S" stands for short shaft.
I thought that was pretty cool.
DSCF2041.JPG DSCF2046.JPG

mpalframan

What would produce more thrust, the recommended hobbyking power system on a 4 cell, or the lazertoys power system on a 3 cell?

StarLite

Im about to start building my Baby Blender as well from 5mm Depron. Since I already have a stack of 3S 2200's, I want to use those for my power system.
I am thinking about an NTM 28-26 1350K motor with a Turnigy 30Amp Plush ESC.
I wonder what prop I should go for, an 8x4 or an 8x6?

poplharris

Heres a video of our Baby Blender in action. Didn't blend anything. This plane is so much fun. Iv recently discovered I like flying this thing more on the higher rates
thanbks
Don

Flynn

Im about to start building my Baby Blender as well from 5mm Depron. Since I already have a stack of 3S 2200's, I want to use those for my power system.
I am thinking about an NTM 28-26 1350K motor with a Turnigy 30Amp Plush ESC.
I wonder what prop I should go for, an 8x4 or an 8x6?

I've flown the Baby Bender with both. Mine is made from Dollar Tree foam. I like the 8x6 better. It will fly with either one tho.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Screwloose,

That’s a classy paint job! Best of luck on the maiden!

BTW, Welcome to the forum!