Intruder

RCLB

Plans??? Heck Yeah !!! Please, I loved it on the flitetest episode, and as an FPV platform is like the icing on the cake !!! Congratulations.

JDill

Add me to the list of fans for plans. I like the idea of a mini version first, sounds like a great idea!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hey Sponz. Just saw this thing in the air with the new video. The pics didn't do it justice before but seeing it in flight with some background and motion made it really stand out and show the effort you guys did on that build. Awesome job you guys did with these.

I noticed Josh say what I thought after seeing the underside. It looks like it has serious potential for dual purposing as a water / water based craft. Like those early toys that could be an air boat or a plane. I know its not what it was designed for but who knows maybe a few tweaks and you guys could put it out as a speed build kit as a multi mode craft just to be a little different then everyone else.

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I would build the full size. I lost one of my Delta Rays in a dust storm a couple of weeks ago. This would be a good camera platform replacement.

What motors did you use? My brushless delta ray has 1806s and it has good power, it can kind of hover.

beanie

Amazing job! It looks like they fly great. I also immediately searched the forums after seeing the Intruder on the FliteFest video. I'd love to build a mini and a huge Intruder!!
-beanie

Dukejet

Very well done guys!! I, like all the others have seen the FT video and HAD to find the plans for this!! For me, W\s of around the 1100mm would be a good size. Good size to fit in the car. pdf file and we could scale it how we like. Man this would be an awesome FPV platform as others have said..... Now get to it!!....lol... :D
Ps.... this was the best plane in the videos...

wilmracer- great job capturing the other intruder (purple) flying so beautifully, well done.

Last edited:

Dukejet

Guys ........ can we get an update please?? it's been over 2 weeks and nothing..... Is FT going to commercialize this?? is that why is taking so long?? I'll buy the kit :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I would think there would surely be copyright issues for commercializing this. If they are investigating the possibilities that is probably what will tie this up for a while.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Progress is being made, slowly, but made none the less. I doubt that this will be an FT release mainly due to the copyright issues, but free plans will be available, and possibly a build video as well.

Dukejet

Thanks muchly!! good news!! can't wait!! In the mean tine I'll keep thinking how I can use two 64mm edf's instead of props ....

irishclan

Dan,
Love your work and appreciate all that you and Keegan have been doing to promote the hobby. I'd love to get the plans for the Giant Intruder when you are able to release them. You guys ROCK!

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Nothing major has happened. I'm back in school full time now and SP0NZ is busy between regular work and FT plans. I can really only make progress on the weekends, which I really don't have off until mid October due to marching band. The intruder will be released, but it probably won't be until late fall/early winter.

I'll talk to SP0NZ about pasting the Alpha plans tonight, but they are ROUGH.

irishclan

Keegan,
I'm sure we are all anxiously awaiting the Intruder's release, but appreciate what you and SPONZ continue to do for all of us.
-irishclan

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hey guys, sorry for the delayed responses. Busy time of the year with kids and wife going back to school, FT plans in the works, trying to get some end of the year flying in, and all the little things life throws in there too. I have been flying my prototype a few more times since Flite Fest and want to get some more stick time in on it iron out any flight issues. So far, happy to report that there aren't really any bad tendencies with it. I even threw the Mobius on it and flew it FPV. I think the larger one will make a super stable FPV platform.

That said, the Intruder has been somewhat on the back burner as far as development goes. The plans that we built the prototypes from are very rough and incomplete right now. Since I decided to scale it down to be exactly 1:8 scale, I've also decided that I'm going to start the plans over from scratch. There is a lot of extra internal structure that needs to be added to add to the durability of this plane, and also accommodate for things like a cargo bay, FPV bay, bomb drop, floats, removable/replaceable nose, a possible EDF version, etc. These are all just ideas at this point, but something I want to plan for with this design. We're really excited at the potential that this aircraft has, and we really want to do it right. It's going to be months, not weeks, before it's ready for release. I'm not going to make any promises on how soon that will be, as this isn't a full-time job for me. More importantly, I want to make sure it's done right. :) Thanks for your patience.