Texan AT6

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Well that went a lot quicker than the Corsair. Sent Alp the preliminary plans for review. Should be ready by tomorrow barring any major changes.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Here is what I want mine to look like!

AT-6 Texan Aeroshell.jpg

MikeJM

Just please stop making these wonderful planes!

Now I have to add this one to my HUGE build list!

This plane is beautiful

Thanks

Moneymakerspy

I am amazed that the plane in the Texan video is made of foam-core board. You did an incredible job and the video of the maiden flight had me on the edge of my seat. It appears that you are on the edge of a cliff and you very well may be but each time you went over the cliff I thought that wind was going to take that plane away to never be seen again. Thanks for sharing the great videos, plans, and information. - Shane

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Could you take some pictures of how and the location you have your servos setup? I am saving up for new electronics for a swappable pod and servos.. What parts of this can be built without putting the servos in during the build? Basically the wife told me to wait on electronics however. I can probably swing foam at the moment and start the build. :) I see it takes a short powerpod can it fit the standard FT powerpod? I am planning on building a duster and racer and want to have the pod work in all 3.

BTW when I was 10 I actually flew in one of theses that my Dad's friend owned. He asked me if I wanted to take the stick. I was to scared so said no. I still kick my self to this day over it.

Last edited:

Aly

hi sir
can u please tell where is the cg point of AT6 ?
and cg point of TEMPEST MKll ?
thanks alot in advance and look very beautifull i build then and they turlly very beautifull

Alp

Hi Aly,
Here is CG point,
AT6; 93mm(3.5") from leading edge(LE)
Tempest mk2; 75mm(3") from leading edge.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Well, I finally printed the tiled plans. Let's do this!!!

quimney

Alp,

That is an amazing looking plane. I love that you maidened it in the wind :) What program did you use to model it? I have been working on a GeeBee in sketchup but I cant get it too look anything like that and I won't get the poster-board patterns with the approach I have taken so far. I would love to know how you did it.