Dx6 or dx7s?

Baethan

I’m torn between which one to get. I know the dx6 would be newer but having that 7th channel would just be so nice. I can get them both at the same price. Is the dx7s too old to justify having that spare channel?

FOGeologist

My DX-7s is a really good radio... with a bunch of seriously cryptic switch programming. It's a bit of a screwball affair, with much less configurability than you would expect. As you might expect from a Spektrum product, it has been 100% reliable - I mean, 100%. Not one brownout or disconnect or weird moment in 4 years of ownership. It's a terrifically consistent product. I really like the radio most of the time - certainly herald its remarkable reliability.

I have seen my flying partner's much-newer DX6 and it's 1000 times easier to program and use - much more intuitive.

Bricks

Master member
How much are you looking to spend? If you are looking for more channels if you watch RC Groups DX9`s can be had for as low as $240 delivered, or the DX6 Gen2 or Gen3 for $110. The DX7`s are getting pretty old and not worth much make sure it is DSMX not just DSM2 if you go DX7 route.

I am along with FOGeoligist using Spektrum for 2 1/2 years not one little glitch the programing is so easy and will do more then most of us will ever use, and receivers can be had dirt cheap.