Help! Help flattening the Edgetx learning curve?

So I did my research, asked advice, read the forums and bought a Radiomaster Boxer. Obviously this isn’t the same as my dads old 72mHz radio and I’m having a difficult time making the transition.

I’ve watched a couple hours of YouTube videos, read through open tx university and downloaded companion… but something as basic as setting… er programming… my switches to do something is one task that continues to elude me.

It’s half way my own fault for not buying a T16X, I suppose, as that is what every other video on the topic is using… but I m determined to figure this out! It can’t be worse than getting my engineering degree!

So far I think I’ve calibrated my battery volts and set the date… and played a couple built in games. I’ve also gotten it to work as a 4 channel radio in Realflight trainer edition (simulator) on my pc… but that’s where my frustration kicks in. It would sure be nice to use the radio to switch between the different “safe” modes or try and likely crash the one helicopter (lower priority and not worth discussing till I get the switch issue solved).

Part of my reasoning is that I also have an Aura board I got my son with the mini trainer and I’m guessing one of the three way switches will be needed to make that work… but we have yet to start building, so I’m not on the hook for they just yet!

Spall that to say… got any recommendations that I haven’t discovered?

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
So I did my research, asked advice, read the forums and bought a Radiomaster Boxer. Obviously this isn’t the same as my dads old 72mHz radio and I’m having a difficult time making the transition.

I’ve watched a couple hours of YouTube videos, read through open tx university and downloaded companion… but something as basic as setting… er programming… my switches to do something is one task that continues to elude me.

It’s half way my own fault for not buying a T16X, I suppose, as that is what every other video on the topic is using… but I m determined to figure this out! It can’t be worse than getting my engineering degree!

So far I think I’ve calibrated my battery volts and set the date… and played a couple built in games. I’ve also gotten it to work as a 4 channel radio in Realflight trainer edition (simulator) on my pc… but that’s where my frustration kicks in. It would sure be nice to use the radio to switch between the different “safe” modes or try and likely crash the one helicopter (lower priority and not worth discussing till I get the switch issue solved).

Part of my reasoning is that I also have an Aura board I got my son with the mini trainer and I’m guessing one of the three way switches will be needed to make that work… but we have yet to start building, so I’m not on the hook for they just yet!

Spall that to say… got any recommendations that I haven’t discovered?
The RC Video Reviews YouTube channel has many great vids on Open/EdgeTX. Easy to understand, and very helpful. Everything from basic to advanced.

mcmoyer

I started with a Zorro which shares the same screen as the Boxer. I made a couple of videos based on that, mainly for a friend who was dipping his toe into the EdgeTX world after living in Spektrum land forever. Maybe this could help. It's really simple once you get over that first hump.

@mcmoyer
I’m going to have to take another look at that when I can get to a bigger screen, but I think that’s going to help a lot! You did some things in there just navigating that I don’t think I previously understood… maybe tonight I can give it another try and let you know.

I started with a Zorro which shares the same screen as the Boxer. I made a couple of videos based on that, mainly for a friend who was dipping his toe into the EdgeTX world after living in Spektrum land forever. Maybe this could help. It's really simple once you get over that first hump.

That’s a really good explanation! I’m going to have to come back to that once we get my sons minor trainer built! I never realized there were more pages inside the model menu…. It’s the simple things that really make a big difference!

danskis

Master member
I would suggest a written manual, it doesn't have to be the one for you transmitter.

Attachments

• manual.jpg
    manual.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0

Bricks

Master member
I have a Spektrum DX9 and a Radiomaster TX16s, I went from OT to Edge and the biggest difference was just getting used to touch screen I still scroll more then use the touch screen but touch is much faster when I do use it.

FlyBreakFixFly

My $0.02:

Learn how to use EdgeTx Companion to build models. Then tweak them in the radio. Companion was a great help to me when learning first OpenTx and then EdgeTx. I also have a TX16, which helps with the screen size and entry mode.