FT Slinger

tramsgar

Not to sound demanding or, science forbid, ungrateful, but I got the joyous impression that we would see the build video + plans this week. I have all the understanding in the world if you haven't found the time to do it, but if you have it in your production pipe, would you care to share when we could hopefully expect to see it? Really looking forward to it! Thanks.

Todd L

Hey guys.. Is the Slinger on its way? Have not seen anything on it in a wile :) .. Just wondering how it was progressing.

T

gouldie86

50% ripslinger 20inch wingspan

alright guys, heres some pictures of my almost finished 50% scale rip slinger. just got to add motor and control horns and it will be ready for a test flight
DSC03501.jpg
no power pod on this one as i used one servo for the ailerons, so its in the way for a power pod
DSC03505.jpg
going to be using a 10gram 2000kv motor on 3s lipo. hoping for a good speed 45-50mph
DSC03511.jpg
hoping for a all up weight of 100 grams there or about
DSC03507.jpg
will video maiden and upload once finished and weather permitting. love the looks of this model. it comes alive with the paint job and even the missis said i have to build another as she wants this one.

Last edited:

gouldie86

its made out of 3mm depron and thick paper. il only be using a nano tech 3s 180mah as long as i can get the cg with it. so 100grams depending on battery.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Maybe without the battery...?
I have a 3D Reaktor that is just over 300g without the battery and that is solid EPP...

gouldie86

depron is really light weight. a full sheet of 3mm 700mmx1000mm weight less than a 100grams and you could make 3 of these ripslingers out of a sheet. And you need to remember that this is only 50% size with only a 20inch wing span il sort a picture out with it on the scale once motor is instored.

gouldie86

thats alright. thought you might of. might have to make that more clear. in the 3rd picture you can see it in my hand its small. the pictures make it look bigger than it is. just went and put a bold title stating 50%

Last edited:

Michael9865

Elite member
Why a flat bottom wing and not a semi-symmetrical or a symmetrical airfoil? I noticed the majority of the models have flat bottom airfoils. Thinking of a NACA2415 style wing. Would it be worth the test or is there a reason not to go there?