Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
QUOTE="Awesomest_Dude, post: 703514, member: 60594"]i think i want a radio that will work with a lot, has model memory and is not super expensive.[/QUOTE]

Buy the radio master tx16s then.... It'll last you a life time, and us not really that hard to program.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
i dont really care if its complicated i will learn :)
Its not that hard you can watch some vids if you need to. I recently upgraded from a spektrum dx6 to a jumper t18 v2 with express lrs. I really love it there are a few small things I like about the spektrum better but overall the t18 is better imo.

ok nvm. I just want to keep this cheap and simple. Transmitter that will work with BNF planes, has model memory, hopefully spectrum technology. any suggestions. and plz keep it less than 150 dollars

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
ok nvm. I just want to keep this cheap and simple. Transmitter that will work with BNF planes, has model memory, hopefully spectrum technology. any suggestions. and plz keep it less than 150 dollars

I don't think your going to get any "real" spektrum TX less then $150, unless you go used. (expensive name-brand in general)

if your ok with a gamepad style TX this is OpenTx and has a 4-1 multi-protocal module and is under $150
https://www.racedayquads.com/collec...ulti-protocol-rf-module-opentx-rc-transmitter

(there are some other options in that style and price range, but I don't see them on RDQ and don't have time to hunt other places for them).

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
I don't think your going to get any "real" spektrum TX less then $150, unless you go used. (expensive name-brand in general)

if your ok with a gamepad style TX this is OpenTx and has a 4-1 multi-protocal module and is under $150
https://www.racedayquads.com/collec...ulti-protocol-rf-module-opentx-rc-transmitter

(there are some other options in that style and price range, but I don't see them on RDQ and don't have time to hunt other places for them).
t pro has meh trim buttons

CappyAmeric

Elite member
do you need ro add a module to the zoro to fly spektrum?
It looks like it has the RadioMaster 4-in-1 internal, so if that is the case, it does DSMX (Spektrum) out of the box.

It also ships with EdgeTX, which I think is better than OpenTX (and backward compatible). $100 for a quality RM radio is going to put further pressure on Spektrum - they have to be seeing the momentum shifting away from them. And despite people saying "RadioMaster can't do AS3X/SAFE", that is not true.

Between the open sourced ExpressLRS and OpenTX/EdgeTX, all the closed transmitters and protocols are feeling the heat. BETAFPV even has a cheap ExpressLRS 5 channel receiver out: https://betafpv.com/products/elrs-micro-receiver

Last edited:

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I would recommend the t12 v2 by jumper. multi protocol and should work fine. 100 dollars
I wouldn't touch it ->

> Firmware: JumperTX (an open source Firmware set based on the OpenTX Project)

looks like they dumped OpenTX and made their own system instead, so your relying on Jump to keep it up to date with new stuff, unlikely to get edgeTX if you want to go that way, etc, etc.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I wouldn't touch it ->

> Firmware: JumperTX (an open source Firmware set based on the OpenTX Project)

looks like they dumped OpenTX and made their own system instead, so your relying on Jump to keep it up to date with new stuff, unlikely to get edgeTX if you want to go that way, etc, etc.
sorry. I meant the plus. it has opentx. I looked into it a couple months back