Easy FPV Head Tracker Setup in Minutes!

FPVAirCombat

FPV Head-tracker setup is similar for all brands of air transmitters using trainer mode. It’s convenient to look at videos instead of digging out the info on transmitter users manual. So I made a couple to help beginners out. There are plenty of videos for FrSky and Open TX based radios. So these are for other major brand TX’s:

HT setup on Futuba radio:

HT setup on Graupner radio:

HT setup on Spektrum radio:

After one can see signal on transmitter servo monitor screen. Simply plug in pan and tilt servo leads of camera gimbal into corresponding receiver channels onboard RC vehicle and voila! You have a working head-tracking FPV setup. Easy-peasy!

Let me know if you would like to see setup head-tracker with other brand transmitters. I will try to accommodate 🙂

John123

Hey I’m new to this whole Fpv head tracking thing but I was wondering, can you do head tracking if all your channels are used up on a Dx6e. And also does anyone know what parts I should use for the Fpv head tracking system???

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Hey I’m new to this whole Fpv head tracking thing but I was wondering, can you do head tracking if all your channels are used up on a Dx6e. And also does anyone know what parts I should use for the Fpv head tracking system???
you need channels for head tracking, so if you have used all your channels, your out of channels.

John123

FPV Head-tracker setup is similar for all brands of air transmitters using trainer mode. It’s convenient to look at videos instead of digging out the info on transmitter users manual. So I made a couple to help beginners out. There are plenty of videos for FrSky and Open TX based radios. So these are for other major brand TX’s:

HT setup on Futuba radio:

HT setup on Graupner radio:

HT setup on Spektrum radio:

After one can see signal on transmitter servo monitor screen. Simply plug in pan and tilt servo leads of camera gimbal into corresponding receiver channels onboard RC vehicle and voila! You have a working head-tracking FPV setup. Easy-peasy!

Let me know if you would like to see setup head-tracker with other brand transmitters. I will try to accommodate 🙂
Do you think you could do it on a dx6e?

FPVAirCombat

Not on a DX6E, I don’t think DX6E has DSC port for trainer cable to connect with head-tracker. And also you already are using all available channels, head-tracker needs two more.

The only way is to use head-tracker that do not rely on RC transmitter to send head-tracker signal.