150% MSBP. Mini Scout Biplane, Not so Mini!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
if ever you replace the bearings in a motor and not sure if they are fully seated this is one way to guarantee it. Also as it says in the description. If you know your batteries are really low GO HOME don't try for just one more

Holy Cow, I did not see that coming! I'm glad you got it back and got things figured out. That was as scary as it was funny! How bad was the damage? Got pictures?

Last edited:

sundown57

Legendary member
Holy Cow, I did not see that coming! I'm glad you got it back and got things figured out. That was as scary as it was funny! How bad was the damage? Got pictures?
It looks like it had a hard day at work lol time for a new build.

Attachments

• IMG_4462.JPG
    IMG_4462.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

mayan

Legendary member
if ever you replace the bearings in a motor and not sure if they are fully seated this is one way to guarantee it. Also as it says in the description. If you know your batteries are really low GO HOME don't try for just one more

OMG I can't stop laughing the end was hilarious :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:.

Oh that was funny, sorry for laughing. :( , well maybe not :D:D

Ok, 1st we need some color period, even cheap wingtape will do. 2nd, stay closer to home. 3rd, if those motors can't spin the 10" props you need different motors. With 3 10" props you should be able to fly against a hurricane.

Oh, if it sounds bad, that is not normal, land it and figure out what is wrong, not just keep flying :D:D
Gun oil is a really good lubricant for the bearings
I was going to say the same. If something isn't right you don't just keep flying and hope nothing bad happens :), like I do :/.

It looks like it had a hard day at work lol time for a new build.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I finally got to maiden the darn thing! It did not disappoint. My skills are rusty, but that plane flies really well!
Welcome back buddy
I really like the MSBP at 150%. Not only does it fly well it looks impressive in the sky. Also, you have finally answered the age-old question. ( does a sim help you learn to fly ) ?
That is a good question... :unsure::D

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I had a chance to take her out again. I'm pretty rusty, and the wind was picking up. She handled it like a champ, though.

Damage was severe, but repairable. I separated one side of the bottom wing at the root, broke up both wing supports and broke a firewall and powerpod. She'll be in the air again, for sure. :)

@BATTLEAXE wanted to see the planes before take off (and presumably ruin ;)) so I didn't crop the beginning of the vid like I usually do. I'll try to remember that on future builds as well.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Hey @buzzbomb happy to see you out again great video. Not bad considering you haven’t flown since November?! How are you? How is your son doing?
Thanks man. It's all good. Still weak but I'm back at work, albeit in a different position. Danny is doing great. He's graduated Basic and is officially a U.S. Army Cavalry Scout. He's been at his home base for a while now, they're still waiting to deploy. The pandemic is complicating things.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
She's done so much. She's been so much. I'm afraid that she is done. It's worse than it looks.

That was the last warping that the frame could handle. It's gone from the front to the back. She's not RIP. I'll salvage parts, but she's going up on a wall!