2 tricopters for sale or trade

frogman

I have 2 tricopters I am considering trading or selling. Both are a few years old but have mostly good components.

I just replaced a dead DX6i that had these tricopters loaded and have only reprogrammed for one of them.

The first one I never reprogrammed. It has a Paris v3.0 board and MultiWii 1.9 loaded. It flies great but the tail servo is only a 9G servo so that needs to be updated. I am very gentle flying so it has been ok for the few flights it has. I tried to use this one for learning FPV and just can't trust myself with FPV...plus I can never find a spotter to help. This tricopter has Pulso Motors (AXI knock offs) that are quiet and perform as good as AXI. The ESCs are Turnigy Plush 25amp. It flies but I just haven't reprogrammed my radio and haven't got the bug to try FPV again. Flies around 10 minutes on a 2200 3S battery.

The second one has the Paris v4.0 board and I tried loading MultiWii 2.3 and can't get it to work. Someone on the RCGroups Paris forum told me 2.3 would work but I'm just lost in the code. I had 2.0 loaded and it was flying pretty good but for some reason I can't get my DX7 radio AUX switches to work on the copter. They worked great on the DX6i. This copter is the sweet one. It has the same Plus ESCs but it has 3 AXI 2212/34 Gold Line motors. It has a better servo on the tail that has been good for a few years even though it's only a small JR. Because of the AXI motors this copter has some value in the hardware alone.

On both copters I have flown a GoPro and FPV Camera and gear all at the same time. They can lift pretty well for the size.

I am thinking if someone wants to experiment with the controllers and the code they can get 2 nice copters. If someone want's to use them for parts and just add a controller it will be a piece of cake. The body is all wood and doesn't fold so it may be pricey to ship them. If someone just want's all the components I could remove everything from the frames and ship the wiring harnesses with everything setup. Then all you need to do is put them on a frame and mount the motors and a controller.

Ultimately if someone has a Blade 350 they are not happy with or a first gen Phantom I would love to trade everything for one of those. I used to be into aerial video and photo but not so much lately. I would like to be able to occasionally fly a GoPro for a few special shots but I don't do it that often. If you have a setup that can fly a GoPro that you aren't happy with and want to build a more custom tricopter this may be for you.

Here is a video I made a few years ago of my tricopters to showcase them when I was trying to make money with them.

https://vimeo.com/33550950

Obviously the GoPro, receivers and radio are not included. I am in WI so if someone wanted the full copters we could arrange a pick up.

Just want to see if there is any interest. I have pondered pulling one apart and building three combat planes for some fun but just haven't done it yet.

Last edited:

tjmartin

What are you asking for these as far as parts without the frame and or with the frame. I would only be interested in one but if the price is right maybe both.

frogman

I did a little research and calculating trying to figure out the value.

The one copter has 3 AXI motors which are considered the some of the best motors in RC. They retail now for about $90 each. The ESCs are Turnigy Plush 25A which are $13 new at HK. New those components would be about $300. I also have the Paris 4.0 MultiWii board that comes with it. I'm now lost on most of the programming. I used to keep up with the features and functions weekly but stopped for a while and there is so much new in there I get lost and can't program it. For this setup I would take $175. That would be the entire wiring harness ready to go and the controller and tail servo I have been using. You would need to read up on the programming to get it up and running. In my recent attempts I have got the controller working but it is not recognizing my AUX switches for setting up the different modes. Not sure if the board has an issue or if I just haven't activated something in the code to get it going. It is currently loaded with the most current 2.3 version of MultiWii. I had it flying with 2.2 a few weeks ago (minus the different modes for the switches) so I know it will fly. I tried 2.3 but had some problems when I tried to reprogram it. It will need some code troubleshooting. I'm not 100% sure it is fully functional but I know I can get it to fly if I reload 2.2. All the soldering for the ESCs and motors is ready to go. Just mount on your frame, plug in the RX, program and go. This picks up a GoPro with ease.

The second copter has 3 Pulso motors which were high quality knock offs of the AXI. They are spec'ed exactly the same and sound as solid as AXI motors. Never a problem with any of them. This copter also has the same ESCs. This controller is the Paris 3.0 and has MultiWii 1.9 loaded on it. I flew it earlier this year and it worked great. I just haven't reprogrammed it with my new DX7. I was hoping to do FPV with this one but just haven't mastered it. I would take $125 for the whole setup since I know this controller is functioning as it should. (Note: this copter only has a HK900 as the tail servo. I fly very gentle and was only trying some FPV with it. I flew it a few times with this servo and had no problems. You probably would want a better servo back there.)

All in all that is $300 for both setups...all wired up and plugged in. Lots of the electrical labor is done.

If you want both setups I would do $275 since you are getting both. Shipping the frames would be real pricey as they are all glued together and don't fold.

I will pay shipping if you just want the wiring harnesses and motors and don't want the frames. If you want the frames you would have to pay shipping.

frogman

Lets see if I can sweeten this deal a little. If you are planning to install your own controllers like a KK2 or others, I will part with both setups for $200 total. That's 2 full setups of motors/esc with all the wiring done. You may need a better servo on one setup. Just drop on your frame, install a controller and receiver and you are ready to go. I think that's pretty sweet deal for 3 AXI motors and 3 AXI clones.

RichB

Lets see if I can sweeten this deal a little. If you are planning to install your own controllers like a KK2 or others, I will part with both setups for $200 total. That's 2 full setups of motors/esc with all the wiring done. You may need a better servo on one setup. Just drop on your frame, install a controller and receiver and you are ready to go. I think that's pretty sweet deal for 3 AXI motors and 3 AXI clones.

Sold. PM incoming