200% Flitetest Spitfire accidental maiden

Dude!!! I know the feeling!! mine was a cheap build (straight from tiled plans ).
A Grayson hobby motor & ESC Combo with a 6s Battery.
when i flew it for the first time, it was unreal,then (as usual) I "flew her brains out!" I like low hard banking turns!
Congrats!!! Great build and maiden.

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
Very beautiful! I agree, she looked a little tail heavy, pitch was all over the place, there were so many times in that video where I was bracing myself for impact! But other than that, looks pretty awesome. I'm glad she flies well.
Will it be at FTFF 2015?

MikeJM

Very beautiful! I agree, she looked a little tail heavy, pitch was all over the place, there were so many times in that video where I was bracing myself for impact! But other than that, looks pretty awesome. I'm glad she flies well.
Will it be at FTFF 2015?

Oh yea, can't wait, to see everyone.

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
Just fantastic! Congratulations. It is a beautiful build! Can't wait to see it @ FF!

MikeJM

Just fantastic! Congratulations. It is a beautiful build! Can't wait to see it @ FF!

I hope to see you at Flitefest, we'll have to park our birds together for a photo op. I want to check out your weathering. Your warbird is sweet!

wilmracer

Mentor
I hope to see you at Flitefest, we'll have to park our birds together for a photo op. I want to check out your weathering. Your warbird is sweet!

Thanks! Yours is beautiful too! And she's one-up on mine... yours has flown :cool:

Hopefully I'll have that addressed in the next few days, and hopefully I'm as successful as you were :)

wilmracer

Mentor
Hey... what is your AUW? In the video you mention it is about 1:1 and made about 16lbs of thrust.

MikeJM

Hey... what is your AUW? In the video you mention it is about 1:1 and made about 16lbs of thrust.

The scale read 16lb 12 oz in the video. I currently weigh in at 16lbs 3oz. But I will be adding weight to the nose, starting out with another 4.4 oz.

I already have 2 5s 5000 and 2 3s 2200s in the nose. There is no room for bigger batteries so I'm adding lead.

***UPDATE***
added 4.4 oz right behind the firewall and dialed down my throws on my elevator. I had a beautiful flight, and I checked out it's performance....I pulled vertical doing a few rolls on the way up and it was almost out of sight before I thought I should cut power. It appears I have an unlimited vertical climb.

Last edited: