3D printed planes

SSgt Duramax

Who all has built any of the eclipson models? I have a 3D printer and some LW PLA on the way and I thought I would like to give one a try. Has anyone built one, and if so, is there any suggestions?

I understand they have the Model T for free, and I may try that out of regular PLA to try and get some experience.

The model C looks neat, as do the wings. Does anyone have any preferences? I am an advanced beginner to lower-intermediate pilot. Thanks.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Who all has built any of the eclipson models? I have a 3D printer and some LW PLA on the way and I thought I would like to give one a try. Has anyone built one, and if so, is there any suggestions?

I understand they have the Model T for free, and I may try that out of regular PLA to try and get some experience.

The model C looks neat, as do the wings. Does anyone have any preferences? I am an advanced beginner to lower-intermediate pilot. Thanks.
This thread has some really good info about the Free Eclipson Model A.
Eclipson Model A (Free Version)

CappyAmeric

Elite member

I've built the model A, R, and C. They have done a wonderful job of designing so there is little if any stringing. I think their later designs are best because of that. The model C is the best of what I have built.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have printed a few Eclipson planes, but not completed or flown them yet. I plan to finish them this winter build season to have them ready when the weather breaks in spring. Model V, Model S, Prandtl, and EGW80 EDF. The V2 versions print amazing with almost no retraction. The provided gcode files work OK on my printer, but there are a few refinements to the way they can be sliced that make them even better. (vase mode, starting point internal, etc...)

MattS1967

Has anyone printed a model T? I have the non float version, but was trying to get ahold of the float version but it is no longer available. Anyone have a copy of it that they would be willing to share since they no longer offer the plans on their site. Thanks

ColoFlyer

Has anyone printed a model T? I have the non float version, but was trying to get ahold of the float version but it is no longer available. Anyone have a copy of it that they would be willing to share since they no longer offer the plans on their site. Thanks

I mentioned this in the other post you made regarding this:
Doesn't look like the Model T is discontinued, they still list it for sale on their site and looks like it comes with the floats.
https://www.eclipson-airplanes.com/modelt

FYI this J3Cub from 3DLabPrint is free and comes with floats. You could either just build this plane, or try to adapt the floats to the Eclipson.
https://3dlabprint.com/shop/piperj3cub/